Mercedes Trademarks EQA 250 and EQB 250 Among Other EV Names - Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Post Mercedes Trademarks EQA 250 and EQB 250 Among Other EV Names

Mercedes-Benz has filed multiple trademarks for names that could be used in its EQ line of electric vehicles.

The German manufacturer has filed for EQA 200, EQA 250, EQA 260, EQA 300, EQA 320, EQA 350 and EQA 360 in Canada. Additionally, it also filed for EQB 200, EQB 250, EQB 260, EQB 300, EQB 320, EQB 350 and EQB 360 in the country. Its not clear if it plans to use all of these badges, but it seems more likely it has reserved some of them just in case. The EQA will be an electric hatchback and was previewed by a concept of the same name, but its not known what the EQB might be.

Mercedes will apply the EQ badge to its new line of electric vehicles, the first of which, the EQC crossover, is set to debut later this year. Based on these filings, it seems likely the various EQC models will receive a numerical value to differentiate them from one another. Its not yet clear if the numbers will reference battery pack size or power output, or if they will simply be a way to set the different trim levels apart.

[Source]
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 03:13 PM

They all start with EQ and then branches off into A, B, or C categories. Judging from their current naming scheme, I assume A is for entry level models and C is for the higher performance or range models.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 12:06 PM

Doesn't look like their electric lineup will be any named any more conventionally than their petrol one. And with how many EV's they plan to bring to market, I guess it could prove difficult to name each of them independently.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 07:11 PM

Either that or Mercedes wants to smoothly transition buyers over to electrics and not be as obvious about it as BMW was. 'i' models screen "i'm driving a green car"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 01:27 AM

Great move to make on the A-Class because even as an ICE version it'll fill in where the CLA left off. As an EV it will be one of the most attractive we can get our hands on.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:31 AM

I really don't see the difference between placing an 'i' or an EQ to indicate a sub brand. If the A45 AMG does end up delivering around 400hp, I wonder what we will see in the fully electric model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page