Mercedes-Benz EQE Set To Launch In 2022 - Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Mercedes-Benz EQE Set To Launch In 2022

Documents from CMIT (Chinese Ministry of Information and Technology) confirms the new Saloon EQE codename "V295". The Mercedes-Benz EQE is scheduled to go on sale in 2022.

Like the EQS, the EQE will be the second sibling to use the new MEA Electric Car Platform designed specifically for EQ models.

It's still a little early for confirmed specs but it's rumored to have all wheel drive coming from two seperate electric motors. One powering the front and one powering the rear, with an expected output to exceed more than 402 horsepower and 564 torque. So far the estimated range is around 373 miles.

The EQE will be built alongside the EQS at the new Factory 56 based in Germany. It will also be built in the Chinese Joint Venture site in Beijing at the rate of up to 70,000 units per year from 2022.

SOURCE
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:13 PM

Basically every Mercedes product will eventually join the EQ line up, its just a matter of time. I'm hoping for something A-Class sized for my Kids.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzguy View Post
Basically every Mercedes product will eventually join the EQ line up, its just a matter of time. I'm hoping for something A-Class sized for my Kids.
Be patient because it might take some time before we see models from Mercedes like the Tesla Model 3.
When it does happen, they will take off like a rocket with sales.

Just about every way you look at it, Mercedes has a big advantage, even if they come to market late.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:20 PM

@PetersBenz we might be surprised at how fast Mercedes will bring future EV's to market. I heard a lot of EV parts will be shared, meaning faster-to-market production than in the past.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:03 PM

It sure makes sense just looking at the number of EV's being sold in Europe which probably plays out similarly in the U.S.

See for yourself:

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:54 PM

Crazy to see those numbers and I expect them to grow as more charging stations get setup. The lack of them is why most people I know stick to PHEV's.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzguy View Post
Crazy to see those numbers and I expect them to grow as more charging stations get setup. The lack of them is why most people I know stick to PHEV's.
That's just a warm up.
From what I seen, most automakers will have EV's out in full swing by the mid 2020's. By then at least 1/2 to 3/4 of their line up will be all-electric.
Once that happens except these sales numbers to go through the roof, globally.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:16 PM

Just found out today that Honda is getting involved with an all-new platform which just goes to show even entry-level price points are being targeted into the 2020's. Crazy!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page