New to the forum - Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

New to the forum

Hi guys! I'm excited to join a community that shares a love for electric vehicles like me. I'm so happy more companies are getting into EVs and I'm excited to see what a company like Mercedes has up its sleeve.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:42 PM

Hey @91Underwood

What experience do you have with EV's since you love them so much? Curious because i'm not 100% convinced just yet. Hoping to see some higher performing models before deciding.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:20 AM

Hii Welcome to the forum,,, i am martin from new york, i am a towing truck driver of blocked driveway towing nyc, i have been in this field for 5 years, what about you what do you tell something about you.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzguy View Post
Hey @91Underwood

What experience do you have with EV's since you love them so much? Curious because i'm not 100% convinced just yet. Hoping to see some higher performing models before deciding.
I've owned a couple of hybrids, a Prius and a Volt, and they treated me very well over the years. Since then I've been hooked on EVs and reading everything I can on them. I haven't owned a full electric vehicle yet but I've test driven vehicles like the BMW i3 and Nissan Leaf.
benzguy likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Underwood View Post
I've owned a couple of hybrids, a Prius and a Volt, and they treated me very well over the years. Since then I've been hooked on EVs and reading everything I can on them. I haven't owned a full electric vehicle yet but I've test driven vehicles like the BMW i3 and Nissan Leaf.
You should have no problem getting a BMW or Nissan dealer to let you test drive one for a few hours.

If you do, which I highly suggest, do give us your feedback.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
You should have no problem getting a BMW or Nissan dealer to let you test drive one for a few hours.

If you do, which I highly suggest, do give us your feedback.
For the i3, I really like its styling (which definitely isn't for everyone) and I was really surprised at how zippy it can be accelerating. But it can really feel top heavy at times, especially in turns.

The Leaf is really smooth to drive and can work well as a commuter. But I find the interior and exterior design pretty underwhelming.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Underwood View Post
For the i3, I really like its styling (which definitely isn't for everyone) and I was really surprised at how zippy it can be accelerating. But it can really feel top heavy at times, especially in turns.

The Leaf is really smooth to drive and can work well as a commuter. But I find the interior and exterior design pretty underwhelming.
Fortunately the i3 has been out long enough for major changes to take place that also benefit from other BMW EV's to arrive soon.
91Underwood likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersBenz View Post
Fortunately the i3 has been out long enough for major changes to take place that also benefit from other BMW EV's to arrive soon.
Before that happens, the i4 sedan will be out.
From that we should get a clear picture of where BMW's EV design is headed.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:35 PM

All future posters must be vetted before official membership.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Before that happens, the i4 sedan will be out.
From that we should get a clear picture of where BMW's EV design is headed.
The i4 is definitely going to be the bench mark to see what BMW has up its sleeve. With all the changes at the top of the company it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page