Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it possible/recommended to drive a SQ4 on 18" ET20 rims? The tires are 235/50.

Could that cause damage to the drivetrain or something else on my car?

I have a 2018 SQ4 GranSport, with 21" Titanium rims. So, why would I want to have 18"?!

In my country we often have cold and snowy winters. I do have a set of 21" Pirelli Sottozero, but these are not quite appropriate for nordic countries, and the widths (285 rear, 245 front) are challenging on snow.

A local tire store advertises "wheels for Maserati Ghibli" (I hope they're not just referring to the 5-114.3 bolt pattern) with nordic class winter tires, for a very good price. Maybe 18" ET20 will look ridiculous on my car, but some winters I only drive 500 miles.
regards
aaduV192.168.0.1 192.168.o.1 192.168.1.128

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the forum @aadu1155.

It shouldn't cause drivetain damage but your speedometer might be a bit off. Have you looked into what sizes that Maserati recommends you use? That would be a good start and the best way to make sure nothing bad will happen.

Do you also own a Mercedes EQC?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is it possible/recommended to drive a SQ4 on 18" ET20 rims? The tires are 235/50.

Could that cause damage to the drivetrain or something else on my car?

I have a 2018 SQ4 GranSport, with 21" Titanium rims. So, why would I want to have 18"?!

In my country we often have cold and snowy winters. I do have a set of 21" Pirelli Sottozero, but these are not quite appropriate for nordic countries, and the widths (285 rear, 245 front) are challenging on snow.

A local tire store advertises "wheels for Maserati Ghibli" (I hope they're not just referring to the 5-114.3 bolt pattern) with nordic class winter tires, for a very good price. Maybe 18" ET20 will look ridiculous on my car, but some winters I only drive 500 miles.
regards
aaduV
Welcome to the forum @aadu1155.

It shouldn't cause drivetain damage but your speedometer might be a bit off. Have you looked into what sizes that Maserati recommends you use? That would be a good start and the best way to make sure nothing bad will happen.

Do you also own a Mercedes EQC?
Welcome @aadu1155! It won't damage your car. But you want to make sure the radius of the 18 inch wheel & tire is the same as the 21 inch one. otherwise you'll speedo will be off like @benzguy said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts