Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mercedes-Benz’s all-new EQC 400 has taken center stage for the automaker at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show, and some auto journalists were lucky enough to spend some seat time in it as it wandered the roads near Las Vegas.

First impressions are that the driving experience is very similar to that of the Audi e-Tron Quattro. With its 564 pound-feet of torque, the electric powertrain pulls hard and does so discreetly. All that can be heard from the cabin is wind and tire noise, and it's been noted for being much quieter than the Jaguar I-Pace. Mercedes has achieved this by utilizing insulated rubber mounts that secure the front electric motor to the sub-frame and chassis.

As early test drives have only been done in the passenger seat, it has been difficult for journalists to asses the EQC’s ride and handling. As it is expected to be a very heavy SUV, there have been signs that it suffers from understeer when driven aggressively through corners.

The cabin is nearly identical to other models in Mercedes-Benz lineup, utilizing their new MBUX infotainment system. This 10.2-inch display will feature unique EQC graphics that outline battery charge, range, and energy recuperation.

It seems that Mercedes-Benz has managed to develop an electric SUV that maintains that status quo of their gas-powered models while introducing their latest advancements in technology. More test drives are expected to happen later this year, which should confirm the EQC lives up to the standards we’ve come to expect from the German automaker.

[SOURCE]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Imo the I-Pace is only seeing the success that it is because its first to market. There are already wide spreading reports of issues relating to software and the infotainment system. Mercs MBUX system however looks class leading.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Imo the I-Pace is only seeing the success that it is because its first to market. There are already wide spreading reports of issues relating to software and the infotainment system. Mercs MBUX system however looks class leading.
Not just first to the market but its one of the first brands people need little convincing on.
You either like Jaguar products or you don't, people are quite binary on that decision.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's been beating the Model X is nearly every head to head comparison that I've been seeing. It's already got nearly 7,000 sales under its belt since release. Still skeptical of JLR reliability though. EQC still seems like the safer bet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
As much as Tesla might not want to, partnering up with more well established brands might be the way forward in order to keep up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Model X will still be the only three row electric SUV for awhile however. I have no idea how with its roofline that they've managed to deliver such decent head and legroom.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Most Model X's I see have 4 passengers at max. The only real perk with an X is safety which is probably some of the industries best.
How it avoids rolling over with side impacts is unlike anything we've ever had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts