1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
110 Posts
That might be one of the highest electric ranges we've seen from a hybrid to date. I think the Volt was the previous segment leader with 53 miles. Good to see that Mercedes is pushing electrification outside of the EQ brand as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
After seeing information on new Maybach models that just aren't classed up S-Class models, this could play into it, especially with the new ARA platform.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the current pure electric range leader is the BMW i3 REx at 97 miles. It's wildly overpriced compared to other rivals in the segment though. I think MB has noted that even their AMG models will be getting electrified in the coming years.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Essentially where ever Audi, BMW, Lexus, and any other premium car maker will be competing, you can expect Mercedes to. They are winning and want to ensure that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sales of the i3 have fallen pretty flat, as have sales of Mercs FourTwo. Adoption rates for these smaller commuter cars have always been quite poor in NA.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you consider what else can be had for the same money, that's when the value of these EV's becomes an issue. Perhaps Merc and BMW can move these down segment as more electrics from their lineup release.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When you consider what else can be had for the same money, that's when the value of these EV's becomes an issue. Perhaps Merc and BMW can move these down segment as more electrics from their lineup release.
That's why automakers are throwing everything they have into EV's, even entry-level EV's are getting treatment you'd only see in flagship products.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What used to be a race to be first to market, is now a race to the bottom. The first automaker that can introduce an EV for less than $20-25k is going to bring a lot of buyers to the segment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts