Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

Have you experienced the "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable" on 2022 MB EQS 580?

• Yes

• No

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time viewer...first time posting....

If anyone else has experienced this issue in the past or present, will you please share how the issue was resolved and what was necessary for resolution? Thanks in
advance!

I took possession of the MB EQS 580 in question, on 11-11-22 and expected that the Mercedes Me subscription would populate to the EQS 580 vehicle overnight, as per usual, since the vehicle was already showing in the Mercedes Me app shortly after leaving the MB dealership. When following the "Activate Mercedes Me" prompts from the splash screen and attempting to activate, I am persistently presented with the following error message "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable", and cannot use the Mercedes Me call button, fingerprint button or functions in car, related to Mercedes ME; which remains the case as of this message posting.

When Mercedes Me was not functional in the car by the evening after purchase, I contacted the dealership and have gotten nothing but a lack of communication and the run around from the MB dealership and Mercedes Me EQS support. After all of the Mercedes Me EQS agent's unsuccessful support and troubleshooting efforts, a ticket was opened on 11-14-22, I call regularly for updates which are non-existent. When posing queries to phone agents, generally, they report or display a lack of communication/information/documentation, whether through the inaccessibility of notes from "Tier Two" agents, or in the phone agents reluctance to complete their own due diligence, both of which leave the phone agents to bear the burden of attempting to, and ineffectually explaining, why there is no solution to the problem. If the "Tier Two" agents are working daily to resolve the issue, it should be reflected in detailed notes, and those notes should be available to customer contact agents. I am told that there are no notes that the phone agent can access from the "Tier Two" agents; this is not efficient nor customer service oriented.

Whatever the case may be, I would be more understanding and feel more assured that the issue was being addressed and could more easily accept the unacceptable answer of "no solution yet", if there were contemporaneous conversations taking place about what is known and what is unknown; this is not the case. As a result of the lack of any information about why the problem exists or any specification as to the actions being taken to rectify the "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable" issue, Mercedes Benz corporation, unfortunately, is in a position that appears to be attempting delay tactics and denial techniques, regarding a known issue, but unknown prognosis or fix; all of which are disingenuous business practices, usually not associated with the Mercedes Benz Corporation, though common in the industry. Irrespective to intention, the aforementioned remains distasteful and very unprofessional from the viewpoint of the consumer, especially myself, a loyal Mercedes Benz owner since my first E350 in 2014.

Realistically and rationally speaking, if the "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable" error is a known issue, say so..I can handle it...just fix it, asap and make it right in real time. Make it right by making resolution a priority, something as simple and free, as sending regular emails, even if, they in fact, reiterate that there is no solution yet...would be preferable to me calling and wasting more of my time, getting disconnected and waiting on hold, only to be told the same thing; an email is preferable. I can't get my time back.

The are a number of ways that this negative issue could be made into a customer service success story and a Mercedes Benz win. However, the path that is currently being pursued is very different than the path of transparency and timely rectification. As a result of the way the "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable" issue has been addressed, I am left in a state of confusion, as to the reason for the lack of detail and transparency, as well as discontented and dissatisfied, because I've paid for something that I haven't received. Mercedes Me functionality, in the car and full access on the app, is much more than a small accent feature, is an integral component of the MBUX system, as I have learned, by having to do without it in my EQS 580 thus far.

All of which leads me to...has anyone else experienced this issue in the past or present? If so, will you please share how the issue was resolved and what was necessary for resolution?
Cloud Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

Font Screenshot Technology Sky Personal computer

· Registered
228 Posts

If anyone else has experienced this issue in the past or present, will you please share how the issue was resolved and what was necessary for resolution? Thanks in
advance!

I took possession of the MB EQS 580 in question, on 11-11-22 and expected that the Mercedes Me subscription would populate to the EQS 580 vehicle overnight, as per usual, since the vehicle was already showing in the Mercedes Me app shortly after leaving the MB dealership. When following the "Activate Mercedes Me" prompts from the splash screen and attempting to activate, I am persistently presented with the following error message "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable", and cannot use the Mercedes Me call button, fingerprint button or functions in car, related to Mercedes ME; which remains the case as of this message posting.

When Mercedes Me was not functional in the car by the evening after purchase, I contacted the dealership and have gotten nothing but a lack of communication and the run around from the MB dealership and Mercedes Me EQS support. After all of the Mercedes Me EQS agent's unsuccessful support and troubleshooting efforts, a ticket was opened on 11-14-22, I call regularly for updates which are non-existent. When posing queries to phone agents, generally, they report or display a lack of communication/information/documentation, whether through the inaccessibility of notes from "Tier Two" agents, or in the phone agents reluctance to complete their own due diligence, both of which leave the phone agents to bear the burden of attempting to, and ineffectually explaining, why there is no solution to the problem. If the "Tier Two" agents are working daily to resolve the issue, it should be reflected in detailed notes, and those notes should be available to customer contact agents. I am told that there are no notes that the phone agent can access from the "Tier Two" agents; this is not efficient nor customer service oriented.

Whatever the case may be, I would be more understanding and feel more assured that the issue was being addressed and could more easily accept the unacceptable answer of "no solution yet", if there were contemporaneous conversations taking place about what is known and what is unknown; this is not the case. As a result of the lack of any information about why the problem exists or any specification as to the actions being taken to rectify the "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable" issue, Mercedes Benz corporation, unfortunately, is in a position that appears to be attempting delay tactics and denial techniques, regarding a known issue, but unknown prognosis or fix; all of which are disingenuous business practices, usually not associated with the Mercedes Benz Corporation, though common in the industry. Irrespective to intention, the aforementioned remains distasteful and very unprofessional from the viewpoint of the consumer, especially myself, a loyal Mercedes Benz owner since my first E350 in 2014.

Realistically and rationally speaking, if the "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable" error is a known issue, say so..I can handle it...just fix it, asap and make it right in real time. Make it right by making resolution a priority, something as simple and free, as sending regular emails, even if, they in fact, reiterate that there is no solution yet...would be preferable to me calling and wasting more of my time, getting disconnected and waiting on hold, only to be told the same thing; an email is preferable. I can't get my time back.

The are a number of ways that this negative issue could be made into a customer service success story and a Mercedes Benz win. However, the path that is currently being pursued is very different than the path of transparency and timely rectification. As a result of the way the "Internet Connection Currently Unavailable" issue has been addressed, I am left in a state of confusion, as to the reason for the lack of detail and transparency, as well as discontented and dissatisfied, because I've paid for something that I haven't received. Mercedes Me functionality, in the car and full access on the app, is much more than a small accent feature, is an integral component of the MBUX system, as I have learned, by having to do without it in my EQS 580 thus far.

All of which leads me to...has anyone else experienced this issue in the past or present? If so, will you please share how the issue was resolved and what was necessary for resolution?
View attachment 1746
View attachment 1745
Not sure if the same or a derivation of your issue but I see that message near every time I boot the car up.

The first time it came up, for reasons unknown, the USB tethering option on Android on our Sony Xperia 1 MKII has switched to 'off' .... switching it back on solved 'some' of our issue .... but that screen you show above at the bottom of the post comes up near every time car is booted up .... but less the QR code behind.

It does in reality communicate with the car. Messages come in, voice calls come in and media can be played.

But track skipping when optioned is very slow. Also it seems to skip tracks when it feels like it. That is on Tidal. Not tried the other ones yet. Day when when we took it out, a playlist I'd put together off Tidal media skipped incessantly. To say it was an annoyance was an understatement. Second day, it improved a little but still not great. We wondered if it was due to signal strength. Area we were in did seem to have lower signal.

It's improved now but not perfect. And that same message is regularly on screen.

Not sure if that helps. I can check and document more precisely if it's useful.

I did not think to try the Mercedes me support button although have tried that on setting up a second user and they were quite good.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

QUOTE="ZFRD, post: 12592, member: 3114"]

advance!

View attachment 1746
View attachment 1745
[/QUOTE]

· Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the update ZFRD. It sounds like they are saying you switched off the connection in the app?

And is the connection alive now or still consistently offline? Maybe is time to drop at the dealership?

Mine is not as black and white as your case. I don't have a 100% outage, mine is unpredictable track skips and very slow optioned skips. All the other internet functions appear to work ok.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if the same or a derivation of your issue but I see that message near every time I boot the car up.

The first time it came up, for reasons unknown, the USB tethering option on Android on our Sony Xperia 1 MKII has switched to 'off' .... switching it back on solved 'some' of our issue .... but that screen you show above at the bottom of the post comes up near every time car is booted up .... but less the QR code behind.

It does in reality communicate with the car. Messages come in, voice calls come in and media can be played.

But track skipping when optioned is very slow. Also it seems to skip tracks when it feels like it. That is on Tidal. Not tried the other ones yet. Day when when we took it out, a playlist I'd put together off Tidal media skipped incessantly. To say it was an annoyance was an understatement. Second day, it improved a little but still not great. We wondered if it was due to signal strength. Area we were in did seem to have lower signal.

It's improved now but not perfect. And that same message is regularly on screen.

Not sure if that helps. I can check and document more precisely if it's useful.

I did not think to try the Mercedes me support button although have tried that on setting up a second user and they were quite good.

QUOTE="ZFRD, post: 12592, member: 3114"]

advance!

View attachment 1746
View attachment 1745
[/QUOTE]
Update: After 5 hours in the service bay....the problem still exists and they want me to leave it for a day or two so they have it if MB corporate get's back to them while it's in the service bay....Not surprisingly, this defect overshadows all the other great aspects of the vehicle. Everyday I find some new thing that doesn't work because it's controlled through internet access. SMH???
Update:

· Registered
228 Posts
Update: After 5 hours in the service bay....the problem still exists and they want me to leave it for a day or two so they have it if MB corporate get's back to them while it's in the service bay....Not surprisingly, this defect overshadows all the other great aspects of the vehicle. Everyday I find some new thing that doesn't work because it's controlled through internet access. SMH???
Update:
[/QUOTE]

Keep us posted ZFRD, I'm not convinced mine is working optimum either.

· Registered
22 Posts
I had to tether my cell phone. I was told I could buy a data plan as well. Tidal claimed it worked directly through Mercedes Me app but that is not the case. Tethering results in lots of loss of signal.

· Registered
228 Posts
I had to tether my cell phone. I was told I could buy a data plan as well. Tidal claimed it worked directly through Mercedes Me app but that is not the case. Tethering results in lots of loss of signal.
Useful stuff Bruce .... when you say tether, do you mean on blue tooth or a physical USB cable? I've tried both and so far no huge benefit either way. It works but is slow and intermittent.

And on the data plan, how does that work? You mean like a data sim fitted into the car? I like the sound of that if it's the case. Something faster and more robust.

I didn't know tethering impacted the signal. Do you see slow track skipping and searching? Mine is painful slow. On any service it seems. Not scientific but Spotify seems the best of the bunch so far.

Also (and this sounds mad) but some tracks skip more than others .... and consistently. For example, Tidal suggests a mix based on my listening habits. I go to play it and it quite consistently terminates Foo Figheters Times Like These and skips to Biffy Clyro Biblical. The later track it will play through nicely, the former Foo Fighters track it often gets 'x' seconds into and then jumps to the next track. Odd.

· Registered
22 Posts
And on the data plan, how does that work? You mean like a data sim fitted into the car? I like the sound of that if it's the case. Something faster and more robust.

I didn't know tethering impacted the signal. Do you see slow track skipping and searching? Mine is painful slow. On any service it seems. Not scientific but Spotify seems the best of the bunch so far.
As far as a Data Plan, I am told here it is T-Mobile with a $10 plan (or more depending on how much data you want) and there is a SIM card in the car. I have not investigated this.

For me, if I am Tethering and I go through a dead zone, it cuts out. Not sure what is the solution? Maybe connected Car Play? Or bluetooth Car Play?

What bugs me is that there are details on the Tidal webpage how you can get Tidal through Mercedes me, but apparently only Mercedes A-Class, B-Class, or GLE.

· Registered
20 Posts
I have an EQS 3 AMG that is supposed to come with an inclusive "Comfort Data Package from Third Parties" but it doesn't work. The link from Mercedes Me to Vodafone's Internetinthecar webpage was broken. After several emails to Mercedes Me and calls with Vodafone that link started working, so I know I am now registered, but between them Vodafone and Mercedes Me cannot enable the data package I am supposed to have. I was able to link my Spotify and Amazon Music accounts easily, but cannot stream without the data package. I have been getting weekly emails from Mercedes Me who tell me the matter has been escalated to their technical team in Stuttgart. Last week they asked for a couple of screenshots from my app which I sent to them. I have chased them again today for a resolution. It is very frustrating given how much I spent on the car with this feature built in that doesn't work....

· Registered
228 Posts
I have an EQS 3 AMG that is supposed to come with an inclusive "Comfort Data Package from Third Parties" but it doesn't work. The link from Mercedes Me to Vodafone's Internetinthecar webpage was broken. After several emails to Mercedes Me and calls with Vodafone that link started working, so I know I am now registered, but between them Vodafone and Mercedes Me cannot enable the data package I am supposed to have. I was able to link my Spotify and Amazon Music accounts easily, but cannot stream without the data package. I have been getting weekly emails from Mercedes Me who tell me the matter has been escalated to their technical team in Stuttgart. Last week they asked for a couple of screenshots from my app which I sent to them. I have chased them again today for a resolution. It is very frustrating given how much I spent on the car with this feature built in that doesn't work....
I think this might mirror some of my experience Nick.

Did you find anything worked on the music services side or just that it was slow and intermittent?

I have tried this now with Amazon HD, Spotify and Tidal Hifi. I'm sort of wondering if it is the data package as Spotify appears work better than the data heavier other two.

I have logged this with my dealer but there was no obvious recognition that it was a known and documented issue.

So your car came with the Comfort Data Package? Do you have a link or any MB reference or part number I could look at or explore further Nick? Would be a huge help.

Strangely I asked my dealer about that before taking ours and they knew of nothing bar the tethered link from the phone to the car link. Our phones are decent modern ones with Virgin 5g data (think that's EE rebranded from memory) but it has only worked partially from the day driven out the showroom. I was hoping to just stuff a sim card into the car.

The day we collected the car we drove from the Midlands up to Yorkshire (all major motorway stuff) and this playlist off Tidal skipped and stopped and skipped all the bloody way up there. We put it down to signal and hoped it would improve, It has a little but is still very poor in performance locally or even on major roads and areas. I saw a SW update applied the other day but cannot say as this has made any difference.

Is this the product you mentioned Nick? Internet in the car Is it a physical device or a sim? Struggling to visualise precisely what it is. I'd be happy to try anything that introduces more solidity.

Finally would it be a cheek to ask for any reference to the conversation you are having with Mercedes? It might help that I can log the same issue and indeed it would help me to gain some attention in logging the same ... or similar problem.

Many thanks inadvance

· Registered
20 Posts
Hi there

My data package wasn't working at all. It just said I didn't have one and needed to get a data package. It has been like that since delivery of the car. I have chased Mercedes Me every week, and all they say is it is "with the technical team in Stuttgart". Anyway after I posted the reply to this forum this morning I thought I would try again - and cannot believe it but it now works!! I just listened to Amazon Music on my way out of the office and then Spotify back in to the office. Both worked perfectly!! - I don't have Tidal so don't know about that. But I am delighted!

I just emailed Mercedes Me to ask if they knew it had been fixed but they haven't replied.

Nick

· Registered
228 Posts
Hi there

My data package wasn't working at all. It just said I didn't have one and needed to get a data package. It has been like that since delivery of the car. I have chased Mercedes Me every week, and all they say is it is "with the technical team in Stuttgart". Anyway after I posted the reply to this forum this morning I thought I would try again - and cannot believe it but it now works!! I just listened to Amazon Music on my way out of the office and then Spotify back in to the office. Both worked perfectly!! - I don't have Tidal so don't know about that. But I am delighted!

I just emailed Mercedes Me to ask if they knew it had been fixed but they haven't replied.

Nick
Ahh thats good news Nick .... wish I could say the same but then it sounds like it may be a different problem. I've always had playback (on all the formats) but is just so slow to load, search and skip tracks.

And the speed and responsiveness is solid enough for you?

And just to ask, how did you log the issue please? On the Mercedes Me button in the car or via and app or such like? Seems like I should be starting the same process.

Thanks

· Registered
20 Posts
From the short time I have used it (to and from work to pick up lunch) it was great - flipped through playlists on Spotify and Amazon and it was great.

I emailed: [email protected]-benz.com

You get an immediate automated reply with a case number and then if you keep using that email thread they track it and I have had reasonably prompt replies

· Registered
228 Posts
From the short time I have used it (to and from work to pick up lunch) it was great - flipped through playlists on Spotify and Amazon and it was great.

You get an immediate automated reply with a case number and then if you keep using that email thread they track it and I have had reasonably prompt replies
Got it, thanks Nick. Yes I used that address when asking questions on the 22kw port and charger before purchase. They are not quick but they were clear which is something.

Super stuff, thanks for the steer.

· Registered
228 Posts

Hi again Nick, Could I just ask you to double check that email address please? When I use it I get the following:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected] ([email protected])
Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their domain isn't properly registered at their domain registrar. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: Fix email delivery issues for error code 550 4.4.7 in Exchange Online.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts