Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We’ve only seen renderings so far and may a few pictures from an auto show, but last month a Youtuber was given a chance to get up close and personal with Mercedes-Benz’s Concept EQ. Youtuber ‘WHAT’S INSIDE? FAMILY’ was invited by Mercedes to see the concept live at a production shoot in Portugal and he was even allowed to sit shotgun while the car was in motion.

Getting in closer with the concept allows him, and us, to see a few features that may have gone unnoticed. Of course, this is still a concept model, so we can’t expect to see every bit of tech make its way into the production model.

Starting from the front, there’s the attention grabbing front facia with its lit up headlights and blue LED grille. Then viewers are given a glimpse of what should be a set of side view mirrors, instead there’s a small pod housing video cameras. What’s interesting about its side profile is the lack of door handles. In place of that, Mercedes has installed some kind of sensor that opens the door slightly when he puts his hand on a certain spot.

That’s just he exterior and there are even more details on the interior. We’ll leave the walkthrough to him in the video below.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The production model will definitely have way less blue LED lights, but I'll be sad to see those interior pulsing light strips go.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Come to think about it, the answer is rather simple, its what appeals to you most. Some of the best luxury in the automotive world or some of the most high-tech, up-to-date and the most reserved and well styled products around?

For me its the former.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The best indication of how much or how much less lighting we will see on the production model is the S-Class sedan because it already has some of this going on but to a much lesser extent, then there's the fact its not an EV, just a regular full size sedan.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looking at other german brands to me it seems that BMW's i8 is another great example of what Mercedes could do here. They have been doing it for years which should speak to what most of the industry would do as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts