Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just took delivery of her EQB 300 in Rose Gold color on September 19, 2022. We love the car and it has a very quiet ride. The order process did not go as expected and not sure if it was dealer errors or factory errors or maybe an intentional act. We did not order panoramic roof or heated seats but it came with both at a $2000 added cost. It does not have electric seats due to chip shortage and we got a $700 credit but would rather have the electric seats. We do love the vehicle so far and look forward to learing how to live with an EV. We also look forward to learing more about the vehicle through this forum. Mahalo!
Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife just took delivery of her EQB 300 in Rose Gold color on September 19, 2022. We love the car and it has a very quiet ride. The order process did not go as expected and not sure if it was dealer errors or factory errors or maybe an intentional act. We did not order panoramic roof or heated seats but it came with both at a $2000 added cost. It does not have electric seats due to chip shortage and we got a $700 credit but would rather have the electric seats. We do love the vehicle so far and look forward to learing how to live with an EV. We also look forward to learing more about the vehicle through this forum. Mahalo! View attachment 1517
Sorry to hear you missed out on the electric seats, I consider myself more lucky to have them now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also missed out on power seat. Though, my max range has been between 260- 270 miles based on my driving habit. How's everyone else's?
Our mileage is about the same but per the recomendation from our dealer and salesperson we only charge to 80%. They say that helps extend the battery life but I question the advertisements now because no one tells you in their ads to only charge to 80% when advertising the EV's mileage range. The car does drive like a dream though and with solar panels and home charging it is not an issue for us and we live on an island so we don't drive long distances. :)

·
Registered
EQA 300
79 Posts
Our mileage is about the same but per the recomendation from our dealer and salesperson we only charge to 80%. They say that helps extend the battery life but I question the advertisements now because no one tells you in their ads to only charge to 80% when advertising the EV's mileage range. The car does drive like a dream though and with solar panels and home charging it is not an issue for us and we live on an island so we don't drive long distances. :)
The recommendation should really say “don’t leave your car parked for too long with the battery charge at 100%”. The idea with only charging to 80% on a trip is more to do with charging away from home as the car takes proportionately longer to charge from 80% to 100%, (although the charge rate doesn’t start to drop much on my EQA and probably your EQB until 90%) so it saves time on a journey to only charge to a lower level.
It’s ok to charge to 100% if you’re ready to drive right away. I don’t know if you can get the Mercedes me Eco Coach app where you are but it gives good advice on charging, it gives a score for parking at different charge levels and says, for example, not to park for more than 10 minutes with a full charge, and when parking for more than 24 hours, encouraging charge levels between 25% and 80%, and that “In general, parking with high states of charge has a greater influence on battery health than your driving and charging behaviour “

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The recommendation should really say “don’t leave your car parked for too long with the battery charge at 100%”. The idea with only charging to 80% on a trip is more to do with charging away from home as the car takes proportionately longer to charge from 80% to 100%, (although the charge rate doesn’t start to drop much on my EQA and probably your EQB until 90%) so it saves time on a journey to only charge to a lower level.
It’s ok to charge to 100% if you’re ready to drive right away. I don’t know if you can get the Mercedes me Eco Coach app where you are but it gives good advice on charging, it gives a score for parking at different charge levels and says, for example, not to park for more than 10 minutes with a full charge, and when parking for more than 24 hours, encouraging charge levels between 25% and 80%, and that “In general, parking with high states of charge has a greater influence on battery health than your driving and charging behaviour “
Great information and thank you for your input! We do have the Mercedes Me app and I will check it out also. Mahalo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts