Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following its reveal at the EQ Brand Exhibition, held in Malaysia, we've finally got a closer look at the EQ concept. It looks like it still features the futuristic cabin that we first saw a glimpse of in renderings. I really don't think any of the led panels on doors will make it to production, but I do admit that it looks pretty cool. Check it out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The more we look at the concept the more we may be disappointed in the production model. I feel that Mercedes came out with the EQC to soon an has been parading it to long. I can hope there might be some familiarity in the two.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah there is definitely a downside to previewing a concept too far in advance of the production model. Allows expectations to build, and the longer people are forced to wait on news, the more likely they are to go to an alternative.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah there is definitely a downside to previewing a concept too far in advance of the production model. Allows expectations to build, and the longer people are forced to wait on news, the more likely they are to go to an alternative.
I don't know about you but there aren't many car makers like Mercedes these days. Some come close but at the end of the day these are unique products. Just look at how long most of their products have latest and how quick new ones are to gain traction .... then maintain it

·
Registered
110 Posts
When it comes to electrics I feel like most automakers are on an even playing field. The only real differentiators between them at first will be range due to production costs. But once the prices of batteries declines even further, you'll basically be paying extra for premium features. Not many mechanical issues to be found in an electric.

·
Registered
209 Posts
but range only matters so much the rest of it is really what matters
car makers know they have to meet range targets and they will
these EV's are more about having an entirely new experience of the automobile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts