Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
580 AWD is more popular than the 450 in Spain for example. AWD is faster and better on slippery surfaces and can recuperate more as examples. The cheaper sportier EQE will likely be available too if you wait and more certainly will have AWD variant at some point. SUV variants will have notably better space in rear seats too if wait even longer, though worse range

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
580 AWD is more popular than the 450 in Spain for example. AWD is faster and better on slippery surfaces and can recuperate more as examples. The cheaper sportier EQE will likely be available too if you wait and more certainly will have AWD variant at some point. SUV variants will have notably better space in rear seats too if wait even longer, though worse range
Yes this seems be the case. AWD sounds nice but rarely necessary for me in reality. And if read correctly, the 580 will have lower range than the 450. Range is very useful to have. AWD is nice to have as a concept ... I would like it though :)

Just not understanding why it's not here in the UK (poor choices like Brexit? ) .... or when it might arrive.

I think reality is that I will stick with 450 due to range. if that is accurate of course.

·
Registered
198 Posts
RHD (Right Hand Drive) markets don't have the 580 yet it seems. Possibly extra design work is involved trying to fit the wheel housings and extra motor or other parts in and it's not as easy as just mirroring everything of the LHD. The 450 does have it's own advantages like notably better range and likely lower Total Cost of Ownership. And as the car is designed for luxury not rocket-ship-ness the extra performance is less necessary. The extra range makes it special and is another reason to start with that offering first

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RHD (Right Hand Drive) markets don't have the 580 yet it seems. Possibly extra design work is involved trying to fit the wheel housings and extra motor or other parts in and it's not as easy as just mirroring everything of the LHD. The 450 does have it's own advantages like notably better range and likely lower Total Cost of Ownership. And as the car is designed for luxury not rocket-ship-ness the extra performance is less necessary. The extra range makes it special and is another reason to start with that offering first
Yes agree and the 450 Premium Lux seems a better proposition based on range. The GT was quick but to be honest the EQS is quite quick enough for me. This nonsense about the Tesla Plaid or even Taycan is nice but wasted on me. There's more to a car than being able to blast it for 2 seconds once a month. And much as I like the concept of AWD, it's rare (here at least) that it's particularly useful. And honestly speaking my old Peugeot 106 is always better in snow than any exec car.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts