Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, to summarise ownership so far. Disappointment upon arrival that it was missing wireless charging and the Burmeister sound system, Especially as there was no indication the vehicle would differ in spec from the test drive.

Then after 500 miles, a warning light for low coolant and high voltage battery. - This was shrugged off by the RAC as just low coolant and my concerns for coolant potentially leaking into the battery being batted away as though I were unhinged. The coolant was a quick fix, opened the reservoir and the level rose. Air lock perhaps?

Fast forward to 1300 miles, high voltage battery warning again. The same RAC man inspects the car but this time "Oh no, you shouldn't drive this Sir, it's likely coolant leaking into the battery". The vehicle has now been recovered to Mercedes Brighton for investigation which, I must admit I'm not best pleased about. My A45 came back from warranty work with a badly concealed scratch, alloys that had been in the wars (probably dropped on their face) and a broken engine cover also missing the AMG Builders Plaque. So, watch this space. I will resume with news on what they find.

·
Registered
507 Posts
So, to summarise ownership so far. Disappointment upon arrival that it was missing wireless charging and the Burmeister sound system, Especially as there was no indication the vehicle would differ in spec from the test drive.

Then after 500 miles, a warning light for low coolant and high voltage battery. - This was shrugged off by the RAC as just low coolant and my concerns for coolant potentially leaking into the battery being batted away as though I were unhinged. The coolant was a quick fix, opened the reservoir and the level rose. Air lock perhaps?

Fast forward to 1300 miles, high voltage battery warning again. The same RAC man inspects the car but this time "Oh no, you shouldn't drive this Sir, it's likely coolant leaking into the battery". The vehicle has now been recovered to Mercedes Brighton for investigation which, I must admit I'm not best pleased about. My A45 came back from warranty work with a badly concealed scratch, alloys that had been in the wars (probably dropped on their face) and a broken engine cover also missing the AMG Builders Plaque. So, watch this space. I will resume with news on what they find.
Not good. The coolant leak issue seemed to be confined to Chinese built cars when I last did a quick check on it but be interested to hear the garage response. fingers crossed it is not that issue and something more readily and easily fixed.
The whole issue of the cars being despecced has lost Mercedes’ lot of customer goodwill.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not good. The coolant leak issue seemed to be confined to Chinese built cars when I last did a quick check on it but be interested to hear the garage response. fingers crossed it is not that issue and something more readily and easily fixed.
The whole issue of the cars being despecced has lost Mercedes’ lot of customer goodwill.
Seems your crossed fingers may have helped. Had a call yesterday evening after dozens of alerts from Mercedes Me... Ignition On, 12V Battery Critical, Ignition on etc. They have updated the software in the 'SAM' I think they said. But a technician has taken the vehicle home overnight to give it a good run and make sure all is a'okay. Fine, except the cheeky git exceeded 80mph...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Report back when you get the car yourself. You would think the idiots would realise we can see what they are up to these days with the app but it is disrespectful to abuse a customers car ie break the law with it however maybe running a speed test was required (said a bit toungue in cheek). I do hope all runs ok now. I have had mine a over year now and so far not one issue so as good and actually if you count recalls better than any of my previous (3 since 2012) Mercedes’. the GLK had issues with the parking sensor but I suspect someone had hit the bumper, the c had the usual aux battery failure 2 yrs in, the e no issues but a couple of recalls.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vehicle picked up. Glad to be rid of the Diesel CLA.

Positives - no more warning.

Negatives:
  1. New stone chip on the front bumper. Paint was immaculate before and I even treated it to a lifetime Williams Ceramic coating. 1,500 miles and not a mark. Their "master technician" drives it 20 and damages the bumper.
  2. Coffee spilled on the centre console which they hadn't even bothered to clean up!
  3. perhaps I'm being petty but no bother to even charge it.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Negatives:
  1. New stone chip on the front bumper. Paint was immaculate before and I even treated it to a lifetime Williams Ceramic coating. 1,500 miles and not a mark. Their "master technician" drives it 20 and damages the bumper.
  2. Coffee spilled on the centre console which they hadn't even bothered to clean up!
No not petty. These cars are not cheap make a complaint to the dealer principal and if you get asked to mark them on a survey mark them appropriately.
It seems the service main dealers give in the U.K. is appalling. I have been very satisfied with mine over 13 yrs until this service when I discovered my usual branch could not service the car and I had to travel a 100km away, when there I then discovered the AR would not be installed and it seems never will be but the guy dealing with me was professional and helpful and understanding of my point of view. He charged the car whilst they had it and reduced fitted the wipers foc and gave a discount on them, not much but a gesture.
The deal was excellent and they sourced a test car and lent it to me for a couple of days. Overall I have trust in my dealership though I may check out one in Caen this time as it is easier to reach for a service but there again my current one in Le Mans is a known quantity🤔

·
Registered
2019 A200 Mountain Gray also on Order Sept22 EQA 300 AMG Mountain Gray
15 Posts

Negatives:
As Parkwood said this is not petty and if it was me I would be pissed.
I would ask them to repair the front bumper and clean / detail the car including for the coffee spill
I would also question why they were speeding in the car
None of what you said is acceptable but sounds like this kind of customer service is the norm in the UK I know the dealer I use here in Amsterdam are excellent I even get my car back washed and cleaned inside cant fault them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts