Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 EQC400
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m booked in this week for a Battery Control Unit software update.
Can’t find any info on this, has anyone had this done?
I’m in Australia

·
Registered
2020 EQC - AMG-Line
4 Posts
I’m booked in this week for a Battery Control Unit software update.
Can’t find any info on this, has anyone had this done?
I’m in Australia
hi
I’m really interested in this as well any update to range or maybe they fixed things like charger screen as they have in the EQA.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The update was done last week.
I haven’t noticed any difference.
Thanks for updating one of those simple software updates then not an update to add any functionality🙄 as I understand it those cars with 7.4kw on board chargers would need a hardware upgrade not software to go to the current 11kw standard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems to have reduced range .... I got the car in Jan and when ambient temperature was around zero 100% charge gave circa 190 miles ... as temperature rose / mileage increased range got up to a maximum of 240 miles. went back down to 190 2 weeks ago after software update but does seem to slowly rise as I do more miles. I wouldn’t have thought this was relevant but now Max charge showing 202 miles?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It could be that the computer during the update has in effect reset the start position for the calculation of range. It takes into account the recent previous driving history to give the range and if that was set to 0 during the update it will make a difference. The important thing is what the consumption is, has that changed? When you can see your consumption and the % of battery charge you can see yourself likely range albeit if you are pootling on a roads and are then going to the motorway you need to adjust. I am waiting for my car but I will try to keep a log of suggested range v actual distance achieved to see how accurate or otherwise it is but from all the conversations I have seen it does seem that it is proving confusing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts