Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve had my EQB 350 for a little under a month now and I love it. It just recently stopped accepting chargers other than DC Fast chargers (charging interrupted).

Dropped it off to MB yesterday and they were able to replicate the issue. They said they’d have an update for me today as to the timeline to resolve the issue. I’m hoping that it’s a similar temp sensor issue to the EQS and nothing more.

Will update this post when I have more info from MB. Just wanted to share with anybody who might be experiencing a similar issue.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MB came back and said that one of the pins in the charging port wasn’t carrying any voltage. I guess that’s why only the DC charging worked.

The service writer said they had to reach out to the engineering department in Germany for permission to replace the entire charging port. No idea as to when they can get that part in. I should know more tomorrow.

· Registered
9 Posts
MB came back and said that one of the pins in the charging port wasn’t carrying any voltage. I guess that’s why only the DC charging worked.

The service writer said they had to reach out to the engineering department in Germany for permission to replace the entire charging port. No idea as to when they can get that part in. I should know more tomorrow.
Thank you for the update and good luck on getting it repaired soon.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took my car back home yesterday. They’re shipping in a new charging port and I can continue to DC charge in the meantime. Should be about two weeks for the parts to arrive.
Glad I have those two years of free charging and lots of chargers nearby.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve had my EQB 350 for a little under a month now and I love it. It just recently stopped accepting chargers other than DC Fast chargers (charging interrupted).

Dropped it off to MB yesterday and they were able to replicate the issue. They said they’d have an update for me today as to the timeline to resolve the issue. I’m hoping that it’s a similar temp sensor issue to the EQS and nothing more.

Will update this post when I have more info from MB. Just wanted to share with anybody who might be experiencing a similar issue.
Hi, i have EQB and i have the same problem it started yesterday, i think it is something to do with the software, i will call MB today.
thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, i have EQB and i have the same problem it started yesterday, i think it is something to do with the software, i will call MB today.
thanks
In my case it was diagnosed as a hardware failure with one of the pins in the charging port not carrying any voltage. Mercedes is replacing the charging port tomorrow and I should have the car back the same day they said.

I’ve been using DC Fast chargers in the meantime and haven’t had any issues.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my EQB back yesterday. We’re able to use level 1 and 2 chargers again. Fault codes detected were P0EF7FA and P0EF8FA.
AC phase 2 had 0V when tested while 1 and 3 had 210V.
It was a same-day repair. Took a while for the part to get in and to find a tech who could perform the work.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2022 EQS 580 and installed a ChargePoint home charger in my garage. I have had no issues charging until a few days ago when I attempted to charge my EQS580 and found that once it reached 30% charge, charging was interrupted. Oddly, when I turned the car on, charging resumed. However, when I turned the car off again, charging again halted. Bottom line is that my EQS will not charge beyond 30% when the car is off. I then took it to a public DC charger and had no problem charing the car while on or off. The car is currently at the Mercedes service center and they have been unable to replicate the issue. However, they do not have any AC chargers like my home charger so they cannot really test it in the same manner as it operates at my home. At this point, it's hard to know if the problem is my car or the home charger. ChargePoint has "escalated the issue" and I am waiting for a response. It's frustrating. Anyone else have a similar issue?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a neighbor who experienced something similar with a different EV and same ChargePoint device. Pretty sure it was something to do with his EVSE not providing enough juice and it would trip out. Easy way to diagnose would be to borrow somebody’s level 1 charger and see if that gives you any issues. That’s how we diagnosed the issue with our EQB

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2022 EQS 580 and installed a ChargePoint home charger in my garage. I have had no issues charging until a few days ago when I attempted to charge my EQS580 and found that once it reached 30% charge, charging was interrupted. Oddly, when I turned the car on, charging resumed. However, when I turned the car off again, charging again halted. Bottom line is that my EQS will not charge beyond 30% when the car is off. I then took it to a public DC charger and had no problem charing the car while on or off. The car is currently at the Mercedes service center and they have been unable to replicate the issue. However, they do not have any AC chargers like my home charger so they cannot really test it in the same manner as it operates at my home. At this point, it's hard to know if the problem is my car or the home charger. ChargePoint has "escalated the issue" and I am waiting for a response. It's frustrating. Anyone else have a similar issue?
My EQS 580 started doing the same from yesterday. It wont charge from my home charger beyond 30%. My home charger is 'JuiceBox 50V'. I had to turn on the car to start charging and when i turned it off, it stopped. When i repeated this few times, finally it started charging even after i turned the car off. It is very sketchy.. what to do with an electric car if it does not charge? It is deteriorating my trust in the car and the brand. This is supposed to be 'The S' class of Mercedes. Frustrated!
When i called my dealership, they cannot take my car in for couple of weeks and when they do, it would take them 2 - 3 weeks to diagnose the problem and more time to fix. I feel that the car will be in dealership for 4 - 6 weeks.

· Registered
109 Posts
J1772 connectors use one of two types of pins. The first type has a spring ring clip on the tip of the pin that applies pressure to the four "blades" of the pin. The second type has a spiral groove pattern in the inside diameter that apparently bites into the mating pins in the port on the car. I wonder if this second type damages the pins in the port over time.

You can find a discussion of these pins in this after video after the 3-minute mark.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts