Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
I understand it was shown on the initial release of the EQS but even softclose was deleted due to lack of components. The comfort doors is described in the manuals but it can't even be ordered as part of option package.

· Registered
69 Posts
I looked at a very nice, fully loaded, BMW iX xDrive50 last week here, in Sweden. I view this as a possible alternative if, for some reason, I am not able to successfully order an EQE SUV soon.
I mention it here, because it had comfort doors installed -- and they worked nicely. So, unlike some places I've read about, there is apparently no legal/risk reason preventing the installation of such devices in Sweden.

· Registered
228 Posts
Does anyone out there have the comfort door open and close feature on an EQS US model? Have a 580 and can’t find it.
You won't find it on any 2022 car. I spent ages trying hunt this elusive beast down. It's unlikely be on any 2023 car either.

MB-CAC eventually confirmed this in writing after months of waffle and vagary on behalf of dealers and marketing. Very frustrating ... lots of pictures, videos and marketing materials but no hard product save on MB press cars. Allegedly due to production facilities in Ukraine ... a story running extremely thin now. Even if true in the early phase, it should not be the case any more.

Although pleased with the car, the absence of even a soft close function is very poor. The doors are heavy. They open wide and are not the easiest to manage with any degree of control.

· Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone out there have the comfort door open and close feature on an EQS US model? Have a 580 and can’t find it.
I was told by the Mercedes rep that the comfort door option was deleted for now because of the Chip shortage. There are factory ordered options that mercedes deleted from from customer order builds because of the shortage. I owned the eqs 450 in the us. I traded for the i7 which has the automatic doors. There were no laws against that option to the best of my knowledge.

· Registered
228 Posts
I was told by the Mercedes rep that the comfort door option was deleted for now because of the Chip shortage. There are factory ordered options that mercedes deleted from from customer order builds because of the shortage. I owned the eqs 450 in the us. I traded for the i7 which has the automatic doors. There were no laws against that option to the best of my knowledge.
Hi Marvin. Whilst it has been true that there have been chip supply issues and damage inflicted on production facilities in Ukraine and covid issues (still) affecting China, you would think that someone with the purchasing might of MB, would be second, even third sourcing components. It's certainly what my company does and we are in consumer electrics .... way worse..... have been times when bags of chips and components have been bought a seat on a commercial flight to keep production going.

I don't doubt the original story but we are quite a way in to production now and they should be doing better .... especially on flagships and tech show cases.

No I don't believe there are any legal issues regarding comfort or soft close doors here or anywhere .... soft close seems quite common.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts