Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was wondering if any of you are getting similar noise from your car?
Sounds like an air compressor building up pressure of some kind.

Is this normal?

Regards, Ferente

·
Registered
32 Posts
You're right, that does sound like an air compressor.. especially the pppttt-chhhh noise at the end. I can't say I've ever heard that on my EQC, although I do hear something very similar on my Toyota which also has self-levelling rear air suspension. In the Toyota I hear that noise whenever I've loaded up the rear luggage area and it needs to jack it back up.

How often to you hear it on the EQC?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daily basis I believe. I don't even have to take the car for a drive. Film was taken yesterday evening after the car had been stationary for several hours already. Only started it, ready for a drive.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok my car makes all sorts of noises clicking, whirring I can hear water running even when not switched on and when on pre entry climate fans whirring when on it does make other diff noises but all are relatively mild and sound healthy for want of a better description sounds of a machine working as it should. I have never heard anything as loud as that and would seek the advice of your local garage. I have had full air suspension in 2 previous mercedes and never heard their systems working. That sounds as if a pump or the system it is feeding is a bit sick in some way. Good luck and let us know what your garage say.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer reviewed the video I took and wants me to bring it in for inspection. Definetely something wrong here. Will update when I get it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts