Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my ECQ for nearly one month and seem to learn new things all the time. I thought it would be good if we all share a y cool things, apologies if a lot of this is obviously but I'm keen to learn.

I've discovered a theme called lounge which sets the ambient lighting to a two tone, pink and blue, looks really cool.

Also I was until now locking my car with the keys and then realised I can touch the sensor on the handle!

The hand gestures dont quite seem to work for me yet, I can highlight something but not enter it.

I've set the steering and seat to move away when leaving and back into position each time I enter.

Any other things I can play with?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I seem to have come better prepared. I don't have my car yet, but knew this is all possible.
Altough you are referring to some features that are optional. So I suppose it depends on your configuration. Can you share that with us?
From what I can tell, you at least have:
  • ambient lighting
  • keyless entry (on top of keyless go)
Both possibly part of AMG-line or Sport edition?
- electric adjustable seating
Possibly part of Premium Plus package?

Hand gestures also optional as MBUX assistant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, finally got my EQC yesterday. So started snooping around menu's.
Interesting feature I've learned today is you can personalize your settings and store them in a theme. Even the driving mode can be stored there. When activating your theme, it will switch to your driving mode upon start. As well as radio station or other preferences.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After two months of wondering why there was no auto handbrake, I realised when stationery to push hard on the brake and hey presto! Handbrake comes on and off the minute you move. Will be sad to give this back in 2 years as I suspect the level of tech an luxury will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After two months of wondering why there was no auto handbrake, I realised when stationery to push hard on the brake and hey presto! Handbrake comes on and off the minute you move. Will be sad to give this back in 2 years as I suspect the level of tech an luxury will be hard to beat.
That's a great tip, will be sure to give it a try.
Ment to experiment with behavior of the adaptive cruise control when behind another vehicle at the lights. Any idea how the handbrake responds in that situation?
I suppose your tip comes in quite handy when you're first one at the lights. A position I seem to prefer now so I can launch the car in sport mode.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In my experience handbrake is taken care of automatically by the car in adaptive cruise control.

A cool feature I like is when approaching a T junction at a right angle, I can press the Parktronic button beside the trackpad then sweep down on the trackpad to show a 180 degree view of the entire street being entered. Or sweep down more to check not kerbing wheels when moving. I check through the windows too though

·
Registered
13 Posts
I find myself pressing the brake pedal to enable the HOLD function more frequently now. It's not exactly the same as handbrake though since braking lights are on continuously while in hold.

@Dar, so if I understand correctly, you're mainly looking to enable the rear camera or side camera? I only have the rear one, so can't really tell.

·
Registered
146 Posts
@Dar, so if I understand correctly, you're mainly looking to enable the rear camera or side camera? I only have the rear one, so can't really tell.
I'm enabling the front camera near the grille logo for the front 180 view and side cameras (under side mirrors) for the kerb view. Only available with the 360 camera option. In UK this likely required AMG line premium pack.

Another cool feature in all the cars is how quiet the cabin is. Makes it easier to appreciate details in music

1 - 9 of 9 Posts