Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a warning to add coolant, refer to owners manual. In there it says take it to a dealer. Surely this is something I can do myself? Is it just water or is there something special required?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would take it to the dealer as if you are having to add it there may be a leak somewhere.I have never had to add coolant to my ice cars in over 13yrs of driving various mercedes. Looking at the on line manual it says you can check the level and top up with the approriate water anti freeze mix but advises getting the car checked if the level is below a certain amount.

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
20 Posts
You can add just normal water. Sometimes new Mercedes want more oil or coolant during the first year.

Check from owners manual where is maxium level for coolant (in coolant tank) and add water. If it takes more than 5-6 dl so maybe it leaks. You will see it if car wants more coolant after adding it (for example during next month).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can add just normal water. Sometimes new Mercedes want more oil or coolant during the first year.

Check from owners manual where is maxium level for coolant (in coolant tank) and add water. If it takes more than 5-6 dl so maybe it leaks. You will see it if car wants more coolant after adding it (for example during next month).
Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts