Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our first EQC back in Aug had the top up coolant message appear on the dashboard just 2 weeks of ownership. I’d taken it to our local Mercedes’ dealership and at first they said the same thing some of you mentioned about releasing the pressure, anyways that was corrected and within a couple more weeks we had the top up coolant message again. This time Mercedes’ diagnosed the problem relating to a faulty valve. This valve is on a back order and eta is 2 months for the fix. So Mercedes’ decided to replace our car with another new EQC. Taken possession yesterday and guess what! TOP UP COOLANT message on this one too…….

·
Registered
1 Posts
Received my new EQC roughly 4 weeks ago, I took it back into the garage when the warning came up after the first week and they 'topped up' the coolant. During the third week of ownership it came back on again so it was another trip back to the garage, after three days they returned it and so far so good.
At the same time that i received my delivery two other colleagues at work received there EQA's, one is currently waiting for his third trip back to the garage, the other has just had the same problem albeit for the first time.
There is a fundamental issue with these vehicles that should be managed via a wider recall, it is a well documented issue that has been ongoing for some time.

Recall

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought i would add my recent experience with a 6 week old EQC 900 miles.... Low coolant warning message came up on the dash about 10 times on a 1 hour journey home. Didn’t think i would make it but did. Noticed a drip and puddle under the car, thought it must have a leak. Local dealership couldn’t get me in for 2 weeks.... called Mercedes roadside assistance who came out 30 minutes later (decent) he just said he’s seen it before, the coolant settles down following the initial fill up at the dealer and can go below the warning line. He topped it up with what looked like just water and its been fine after a week or so, hopefully it stays that way! Also said it doesn’t look like a coolant leak and must have just been water dripping from underneath...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts