Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Does the EQC have a way to defrost the washer bottle without me sticking half a bottle of vodka into the reservoir? I’ve not had any washer fluid come out of the nozzles for 7 days and as there is no engine there is no heat to thaw the reservoir.

· Registered
24 Posts
Was about to ask if the washer system had any heating elements or heated washer jets....

The car was with Merc last week and the morons decided to topup the washer fluid with plain water. The whole system has frozen and only a dribble comes out the rear. 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
583 Posts
Was about to ask if the washer system had any heating elements or heated washer jets....

The car was with Merc last week and the morons decided to topup the washer fluid with plain water. The whole system has frozen and only a dribble comes out the rear. 🤦‍♂️
That is pretty bad service. I cannot recall if I specced it or not but I always add the heated washer system in all my Mercedes’ and I always use the ready to washer fluid my garage sell branded as Mercedes’ a euro more than in the average outlet and I have never had an issue. I would complain to the service principal as to use water alone was negligent in winter and in any event below Mercedes’ requirements fir service.

· Registered
24 Posts
I have an AMG Premium Plus EQC with the driver pack which as was understood at the time of ordering, had everything. So I was surprised when it came missing the Soundsystem, Wireless charger, Augmented reality etc. I'd be shocked if heated washers were not included but I cant see any wiring to them 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
EQA 300
107 Posts
I don’t know about EQCs but the issue of freezing screenwash isn’t helped in my EQA by Mercedes fitting the reservoir low down in front of the front wheel instead of high up in the engine compartment. It was the same freezing problem with my previous Seat Ateca and the last Mitsubishi L200 pickup I had where they had moved the reservoir to the lower position compared to the older model L200 I had which never froze as its reservoir was above the engine.

· Registered
583 Posts
Hi All,
Does the EQC have a way to defrost the washer bottle without me sticking half a bottle of vodka into the reservoir? I’ve not had any washer fluid come out of the nozzles for 7 days and as there is no engine there is no heat to thaw the reservoir.
Use good quality washer liquid rated to go below - 20deg I buy it in 5 lite cans for 8 euro and top up without trying to dilute it further.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts