Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does EQC AMG Premium have active parking assist and adaptive cruise control?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome @TSK.

Yes, they are standard features along with these: "EASY-PACK luggage compartment cover, TIREFIT, Interior Light Package, Seat Comfort Package, Mirror Package,, thermal and noise-insulating acoustic glass, Parking Package with reversing camera, Advanced sound system, ambient lighting, Remote and extended Charging Services Premium."

Are you planning to order it sometime soon?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - I have the EQC 400 300KW PREMIUM 80KWH AUTO and it's supposedly got active park exist but regardless of my attempts, watching YouTube vids and reading the manual I can't get it to work. I've even taken it to the local supermarket car park and it still does not work, so test it before you buy.

·
Registered
Mercedes EQC Premium plus
13 Posts
Hi lel. I also have a black EQC premium plus pack and up to now since ownership have never had the park assist work. I tap the park button on the centre console and then the touch screen and I just get the large P symbols on the screen along side the car. Where the screen splits and it shows the car that part just stays black with a picture of the car from a birds eye view. Are you having the same issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes that is exactly the same.
I have a call in with MB waiting to hear back, it's only been a week.

·
Registered
Mercedes EQC Premium plus
13 Posts
Yes that is exactly the same.
I have a call in with MB waiting to hear back, it's only been a week.
Would be good to hear the results of this as it makes no sense why it would be disabled for some and not for others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does EQC AMG Premium have active parking assist and adaptive cruise control?

I bought the EQC Premium, but it doesnt have adaptive cruise control or Active Park assist nor the 360 camera. Can this be retrofitted or activated???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would be good to hear the results of this as it makes no sense why it would be disabled for some and not for others.
I have spoken with MB HQ UK and they say it was disabled as a result of an international regulation, UN-79 which had an amendment ( no. 3 ) come into force in January this year. The amendment can be found here https://unece.org/sites/default/files/2021-02/R079r4am3e.pdf I believe the sensing tech used on the EQC model is less sensitive than that used on other cars and therefore in unable to meet the requirements of this new regulation. Therefore MB decided it was easier to disable than recall and replace the sensor. Other MB vehicles use older more sensitive detectors and therefore meet the requirements of UN-79 amendment 3.

I work in the electronic / electrical industry and I have to work to national and international standards and there is always a period of introduction either the standard is drafted and released with a grace period before coming into force or once enacted a grace period of around 6 months is applied. Normally these regulations are well publicised and major players in the market are engaged in their development. So I find it hard to believe that MB didn't know of this prior to me placing the order in October. Nor did MB or the supplier bother to contact me prior to delivery to inform me of the actions to comply with UN-79 that MB were going to take.

Therefore in my mind the vehicle supplied is not as advertised, interestingly, MB still advertise Partktronic and assistive parting on the MB UK website for the EQC. I have downloaded and kept a copy of the web page and the brochure with the specs listing Parktronic.

Also I have found that the in-car office also is not as advertised so I'll be looking into that as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the EQC Premium, but it doesnt have adaptive cruise control or Active Park assist nor the 360 camera. Can this be retrofitted or activated???
Hi - I thought adaptive cruse only came on the driver assistance pack, which I purchased so it is on my model. The active part assist should be on all models according to the brochure, image below. To retrofit will be difficult as most functions are software enabled and for the 360 camera that will need hardware installing. Not saying it impossible but as someone that has mudded a lot of cars over the years ( like adding the heated screen to my Mondeo in the late 90's ) it's getting harder to do due to the software reliance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having now looked at the regulation it talks about Steering equipment and land departure, so I'm not sure how this would impact on the PARKTRONIC system which operates at low speed. I feel this is not the correct regulation, back to MB to ask.

·
Registered
189 Posts
In case anyone is just looking at this thread received my car 15th Sept April 21 order. Active parking Assist works for bay parking only not on street parking ie perpendicular front or back in between 2 cars as in a car park not off street parking parrallel with the car. MBUX augmented reality hardware installed ie camera but not yet in use as a chip is needed to be installed when available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts