Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi (first post) , I picked up my EQC in December 2020 and after major hassle with BP Pulse / Chargemaster with my home charger, I've finally got to a point were I am charging successfully at home.
However I can't make any sense of scheduling a charge overnight through the BP Chargemaster app ?
Is this a Mercedes issue / specification problem ?
My elec is only 5p/KWh between 0030 and 0430 which is why I want to schedule a charge
I've read some older threads indicating this is a Mercedes decision.
If so, it's ridiculous - how are EV drivers to be encouraged to charge overnight - essential for taking load of the national grid ?!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first post too!
I had exactly the same problem with my EO mini charger.
Mercedes me app and the EO app didn’t play nicely together at all.
I got on to EO about it and they upgraded/ updated the software (they were excellent by the way) and now I can schedule cheap overnight charging using the EO app, and set a max charge level via Mercedes me app (or in the car) and all works fine.

Why on earth the Mercedes software doesn’t have a schedule function is beyond me.
I plan to feed this back to MB.

I suggest contacting BP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first post too!
I got on to EO about it and they upgraded/ updated the software (they were excellent by the way) and now I can schedule cheap overnight charging using the EO app, and set a max charge level via Mercedes me app (or in the car) and all works fine.

Why on earth the Mercedes software doesn’t have a schedule function is beyond me.

I suggest contacting BP.
Thanks for sharing ... that give me encouragement to keep on at BP , cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have accepted the wall charger from Mercedes rather than get my electrician to install so will report back from a French perspective. I was assuming Mercedes me allowed the timing if not it seems it is the wall box but all of the French ones I have seen in my research seem very basic affairs with no interconnectivity. We do have a system here for the water heaters with in effect is an electrical mechanical switch in the consumer box which switches in as the low tariff comes on stream or you can override it if needed so I shall see if that is an alternative approach. Be a big surge though with a 3kw water tank and the car switching together 🤔

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have accepted the wall charger from Mercedes rather than get my electrician to install so will report back from a French perspective. I was assuming Mercedes me allowed the timing if not it seems it is the wall box but all of the French ones I have seen in my research seem very basic affairs with no interconnectivity. We do have a system here for the water heaters with in effect is an electrical mechanical switch in the consumer box which switches in as the low tariff comes on stream or you can override it if needed so I shall see if that is an alternative approach. Be a big surge though with a 3kw water tank and the car switching together 🤔
Good luck , I've had some limited success, painful progress tbh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first post too!

I suggest contacting BP.
I have a similar problem with my EO Mini Pro charger. It’s still not allowing me to use the overnight schedulin option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi (first post) , I picked up my EQC in December 2020 and after major hassle with BP Pulse / Chargemaster with my home charger, I've finally got to a point were I am charging successfully at home.
However I can't make any sense of scheduling a charge overnight through the BP Chargemaster app ?
Is this a Mercedes issue / specification problem ?
My elec is only 5p/KWh between 0030 and 0430 which is why I want to schedule a charge
I've read some older threads indicating this is a Mercedes decision.
If so, it's ridiculous - how are EV drivers to be encouraged to charge overnight - essential for taking load of the national grid ?!!!
I am 6 weeks into the battle with BP to diagnose / resolve the smart function / overnight charging schedule. The charger has a mind of its own. It charges as and when it wants. I am told the charger is having connectivity issues which is causing the unit to start and stop charging (apparently its a software feature, if it loses signal it defaults to charging). The plan to resolve this is to add a manual timer clock. Not smart but if it means I can charge overnight between 00:30 and 04:30 i will be happy.

I have also contacted Mercedes and given them feedback regarding the lack of a charging schedule feature in car via MBUX or the mercedes me app. I am told its being investigated.

Once i get the manual timer clock added I will update the thread on whether it was a success.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am 6 weeks into the battle with BP to diagnose / resolve the smart function / overnight charging schedule. The charger has a mind of its own. It charges as and when it wants. I am told the charger is having connectivity issues which is causing the unit to start and stop charging (apparently its a software feature, if it loses signal it defaults to charging). The plan to resolve this is to add a manual timer clock. Not smart but if it means I can charge overnight between 00:30 and 04:30 i will be happy.

I have also contacted Mercedes and given them feedback regarding the lack of a charging schedule feature in car via MBUX or the mercedes me app. I am told its being investigated.

Once i get the manual timer clock added I will update the thread on whether it was a success.
It seems we’re having exactly the same battle. A bit like the battle between the Mercedes me app and the charge master app. I have recently had some success scheduling but it s far from perfect as the car charges then stops intermittently until the scheduled start. They have also suggested the manual timer but that seems very old school...however I will be very interested to hear about how you get on . Good luck.
On a different point I have to take my car in for a minor repair and the dealer mentioned it needs a ‘battery management software update’ which may be Unrelated but might fix some of this. We shall see. Thanks for posting as it’s nice to know I’m not the only one 👍

·
Registered
25 Posts
It seems we’re having exactly the same battle. A bit like the battle between the Mercedes me app and the charge master app. I have recently had some success scheduling but it s far from perfect as the car charges then stops intermittently until the scheduled start. They have also suggested the manual timer but that seems very old school...however I will be very interested to hear about how you get on . Good luck.
On a different point I have to take my car in for a minor repair and the dealer mentioned it needs a ‘battery management software update’ which may be Unrelated but might fix some of this. We shall see. Thanks for posting as it’s nice to know I’m not the only one 👍
Very disappointed the car or Mercedes me do not control the charging times. As ever for every really high tech bit of kit mercedes has some really poor tech.I have been driving Mercedes since 2007 and was there when Mercedes me came out it has been a painful journey at times🙄my french supplier has been in contact and they will be doing an over the phone diagnostic this week and then the installation. I will incl on my list of questions how I programme the charge times. Will feed back the response but from what I can see of the boxes used mine will not have internet capability☹

1 - 9 of 9 Posts