Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick O'Leary posts a weekly Youtube video on Mercedes Cars, tips, trick ideas and thinks you never knew about your MB. This weeks video is one Electric Car Range. Check this out and his many others.
They come out at 16:00 on a Friday.

· Registered
69 Posts
Thank you for posting this, Clint D! I found it very informative.
The viewer comments following the video are also, for the most part, informative.
One comment (& response), in particular was noteworthy. It explained that brake lights will come on when slowing significantly due to Regen/Recup.

There is a range estimator for the EQS 450+ on website here in Sweden. I looked on the US site, but did not see a similar estimator. It could be there and I just haven't found it. Anyway, if it's not there, readers might be interested in playing around with the estimator on the Swedish MB site. It's pretty intuitive. You do not need to know Swedish in order to experiment with it. Just click and drag the various sliders (which I have circled in red): Temp, City %, Country %, Hwy % and you can see the impact on range. It makes it quite clear that City driving is a lot more range-friendly than fast highway driving. Keep in mind the km range number is WLTP, not EPA. Also there is a button to tell the estimator to turn on or off the AC/Heat ("klimatisering")

(Scroll mid-way down the page)
Light Font Screenshot Software Display device

· Registered
583 Posts
He missed out the effect of dauto which I use all the time but I can easily see why I get such good range as our national speed limit is 90km, the roads are clear and free running and there are few roundabout. All his videos are really helpful.
Interested in the range estimator there was one for charging times at one point on the fr site but the range one is also good noted how higher temps kill range too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts