Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the exterior design of EQ? The electro-look they made seems so fresh and stylish. All these digital lights, illuminated side skirt, and flashy front grille make the car look truly authentic.

..the aim being to create an avant-garde, contemporary and distinctive electro-look. At the same time, the design of the visionary show car, which has been reduced to the essentials, reveals an alluring progressivity.

Gorden Wagner, Head of Design

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would be very surprised if the production model came with all of the blue lighting or any exterior lighting for that matter. My preference would be a pass on that. May not be much of a power loss with all of the exterior lighting using led but too much of a Christmas look for me and a look at me effect but many might like it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
At most we'll be seeing some blue trim on the interior and exterior hinting at its electric powertrain, but nothing that actively requires power constantly running through. Perhaps a glowing badge, but that's more wishful thinking than a possibility.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Odds are a production version would come with far more subtle lighting than that. A good example is the new S-Class sedan except it doesn't have lighting like this on the exterior.
Only way I can see car makers adding more stuff like this is with enough regen systems on board.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The aesthetic lights seems very unnecessary to me and I'd prefer to see blue trim instead of led lights to tie the electric model to its powertrain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts