Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

First post here and I am wondering if anyone else could help. I am looking after my mother in-laws car as her husband passed away earlier this year and she is elderly and hasn't dealt with car servicing before.

The EQA has notified on dash that the first service is due, I have called around a few dealers and they have quoted £298 - £318!!!

I am an Audi RS5 owner myself and my "oil service" a month ago was around £250 and that includes £140 worth of Oil! so was super surprised that they say on the website EV are cheaper servicing costs.

So I asked what the service consisted of as it's so costly and it seems they didn't really have a set cost and had to quote manually and all they say was Key Fob battery change is always carried out after first year, particulate filter and top up of washer fluid.

So I said the batteries are fine so not needed (could understand if 2-3 years old), the washer fluid is full so what's the cost of the filer and fitting, they all said they would get someone from service to call me and/or email me the full breakdown.

Nothing ever arrives....

Anyone else had a service, if so is this correct? overpriced or have a breakdown of what the service consists of?

TIA

· Registered
2019 A200 Mountain Gray also on Order Sept22 EQA 300 AMG Mountain Gray
22 Posts
My Merc Dealer has a set price for Service A and Service B anything outside of that can be discussed on the day and a go/no go decision made. As for the Fob battery the car will tell you when it needs to be changed and is pretty standard battery you can get on amazon for €5 (sorry couldn't find the pound symbol on my keyboard)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Merc Dealer has a set price for Service A and Service B anything outside of that can be discussed on the day and a go/no go decision made. As for the Fob battery the car will tell you when it needs to be changed and is pretty standard battery you can get on amazon for €5 (sorry couldn't find the pound symbol on my keyboard)
Is that a set price for Service A for an EV or ICE or both? As it seems that 2 hours at least labour to change a particulate filter is a but much! But if it was ICE car and oil/parts etc involved I would understand.

I am finding the cost of EV's to be quite surprising her insurance is £950 a year!! All though quite old seems quite expensive!

· Registered
583 Posts
Had my EQC A service in France where I live in early Oct. It cost 247.87 euro which included a new set of front wiper blades, the service only quote was 179.82 euro. The only parts were the filter at 25 euro nett of 20% vat and 4.38 for the washer fluid again nett. I asked for the front wiper blades to be replaced ( I always change mine every year) and they cost 51.98 nett. Vat is 20% as in U.K.. so the quote sounds in line given that the costs of servicing in the U.K. are much higher due to a higher labour charge. Here we are charged at different levels for different types of works depending on the complexity, so simple service tasks such as above attract a lower technician rate than say more complex elements which may require a more qualified technician They also break down costs in 10 min chunks so if say a higher value rate is needed for an element of the work you only pay for the allowed time for that element and the lower rate will apply for the rest. An example I had an argument with a deer in my c class which the deer sadly lost, the front grille needed replacing I was charged the higher rate just for the element of recalibrating the distronic the replacement of the grille was at a lower rate.
Get a written quote. Also note the car will need to go to an approved Mercedes’ EQ repairer I had to trek 100km as my ordinary dealer is not as yet approved though they sell them but have kept all the servicing at their bigger dealership.
Compared to my ICE Mercedes’ it is cheaper.
Basically it is a check of everything like brakes, air con, tyres, battery coolant, lights and the replacement of the cabin filter, software updates long list but all fairly straightforward stuff.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I got 3 years service with car purchase deal,(equivalent to £795). Just had 'A' service done, which isn't much,with no oil and filter change to do, and more like an MOT check with extras. There's a recall due for MBUX syst, and Elec Brain coolant replacement. I'm told ther have been problems with it somewhere in the world, so MB have decided to replace it, but not known yet wether it's going to be a more regular job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts