Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My first MB. Still getting used to some quirks. Found some answers to things on here already such as the noisy wipers, and I was beginning to think the breaking inconsistency thing was me getting old. I’ve shown that to my partner who no longer yells at me for the occasional jerky stop - thanks for that :)

Now if only I could figure out why it’s constantly clicking like a sensor was going off while it’s turned off in the garage all the time, that would be great! :) Oh - and I’ve never had a set of tires that pick up - AND KEEP - small rocks like these ones. I’m having to pull over and pick them out of the tread like two or three times a month. Previously maybe twice in my whole life! The clickety-clack is annoying, but first world problems eh?!?

We ordered ours in October last year and asked for January delivery. Damned if it didn’t turn up on Christmas Eve! Other than getting used to my first MB and EV all at once, it’s a great little car so far. Drove it to Melbourne and back, and aside from charging providers falling behind in maintenance and the occasional Tesla driver hogging faster chargers when there was a bank of Tesla branded ones right next door it was a great drive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeh, I feel your pain on charger reliability. There are so many busted Tritium chargers across the country now that it's starting to get coverage in the mainstream press - the EV blogs have been writing about it for a while.

I once asked a Tesla driver why the preference and it came down to pricing (40c at Chargefox Vs 51c at Tesla) so fair enough. But Chargefox have recently up'd their UltraRapid pricing to 60c so we might see a few less Teslas at them from here on in.

What sort of real world range were you getting sitting on the freeway at 110km/hr (assuming you took the freeway)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,

My first MB. Still getting used to some quirks. Found some answers to things on here already such as the noisy wipers, and I was beginning to think the breaking inconsistency thing was me getting old. I’ve shown that to my partner who no longer yells at me for the occasional jerky stop - thanks for that :)

Now if only I could figure out why it’s constantly clicking like a sensor was going off while it’s turned off in the garage all the time, that would be great! :) Oh - and I’ve never had a set of tires that pick up - AND KEEP - small rocks like these ones. I’m having to pull over and pick them out of the tread like two or three times a month. Previously maybe twice in my whole life! The clickety-clack is annoying, but first world problems eh?!?

We ordered ours in October last year and asked for January delivery. Damned if it didn’t turn up on Christmas Eve! Other than getting used to my first MB and EV all at once, it’s a great little car so far. Drove it to Melbourne and back, and aside from charging providers falling behind in maintenance and the occasional Tesla driver hogging faster chargers when there was a bank of Tesla branded ones right next door it was a great drive.
Hi, did you find the source of those clicking sounds eventually?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What sort of real world range were you getting sitting on the freeway at 110km/hr (assuming you took the freeway)?
Honestly - we didn't push it. I stopped every 180-250KM depending in case there was an issue with the charging stations and we had to push on or turn back. I think the lowest we got was around 30% charge and that was coming into Melbourne which we were happy to push further on. It was our first trip, so the range anxiety was real. Interesting though, there were a couple of Ultra Rapid chargers that just wouldn't work, yet other cars were able to use them. The Fast Chargers at the same stations would? Odd. Spoke to another EQA owner, and he had the same experience. We also travelled at night for some of the trip, and during the rain. The lights, supporting services and temperature differences would have had some impact on the range performance I'm guessing? To be fair though, we were stopping every couple of hours which is what you're supposed to do anyway, right?!? :)

Hi, did you find the source of those clicking sounds eventually?
No, I haven't. It just clicks away whenever it feels like it when turned off. Could be the tyre pressure checker? Maybe the battery keeping its temperature even? I don't know. I'll ask the dealership when I can get back in there some time. I don't know about other parts of the world, but MB Sydney is not the best customer experience. I'm still waiting for a call back to a message I left with them in early December 2021. Not Even Kidding!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Honestly - we didn't push it. I stopped every 180-250KM depending in case there was an issue with the charging stations and we had to push on or turn back. I think the lowest we got was around 30% charge and that was coming into Melbourne which we were happy to push further on. It was our first trip, so the range anxiety was real. Interesting though, there were a couple of Ultra Rapid chargers that just wouldn't work, yet other cars were able to use them. The Fast Chargers at the same stations would? Odd. Spoke to another EQA owner, and he had the same experience. We also travelled at night for some of the trip, and during the rain. The lights, supporting services and temperature differences would have had some impact on the range performance I'm guessing? To be fair though, we were stopping every couple of hours which is what you're supposed to do anyway, right?!? :)

No, I haven't. It just clicks away whenever it feels like it when turned off. Could be the tyre pressure checker? Maybe the battery keeping its temperature even? I don't know. I'll ask the dealership when I can get back in there some time. I don't know about other parts of the world, but MB Sydney is not the best customer experience. I'm still waiting for a call back to a message I left with them in early December 2021. Not Even Kidding!
I have an EQC and the car clicks and whirrs a lot when parked up and you can hear water trickling too which I think is to do with the battery cooling system. It seems the battery management system is working all the time so the car makes all sorts of noises as solenoids and small motors cut in and out. When using preheat or when starting when the car has been standing in the sun it can make quite a loud noise as all the various systems do their thing, usually inaudible in the car but quite audible outside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an EQC and the car clicks and whirrs a lot when parked up and you can hear water trickling too which I think is to do with the battery cooling system. It seems the battery management system is working all the time so the car makes all sorts of noises as solenoids and small motors cut in and out. When using preheat or when starting when the car has been standing in the sun it can make quite a loud noise as all the various systems do their thing, usually inaudible in the car but quite audible outside.
This is good to know! Thank you. I generally don't use any of the "pre" features of the car, but I suspect you are dead on with the battery management system. Some of those start noises when its been in the sun were... erm, pronounced to say the least :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
It could be the flap for the rear camera (installed inside the boot flap). I usually turn the Park assist off when driving away and switch it back on when parking in a tight spot. Usually as you slow down at traffic lights or intersections, the computer thinks you are trying to park the car, initiates the process and opens the flap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts