Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I concur….All manufacturers maybe facing shortages however having cancelled my EQC order I have just ordered I4 M50 BMW will Tech Plus without any issue, so while MB may state others have issues others are not removing options which cost 000’s and offering little in return…cancel if you can I doubt you’ll wait any longer on another car….and it it takes a few more weeks at least it will be complete.
Hope it comes through as planned. keep us updated. Seems it is not long released so maybe BMW have been building for launch? Interesting car but in a diff league to the EQA. The EQC now looks absolutely old mercedes the choice for the staid🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hope it comes through as planned. keep us updated. Seems it is not long released so maybe BMW have been building for launch? Interesting car but in a diff league to the EQA. The EQC now looks absolutely old mercedes the choice for the staid🤣🤣🤣
sorry was looking at the suv ix🙄still a saloon v EQA is a different choice

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hmmm thought I would have a look around to see if Mercedes’ were handling this worse than others, reading this report in terms of delay and de specifying cars it seems not and BMW are hitting the same issues. I get the impression it is the luck of the draw for each customer whatever marque. I consider myself lucky. Do not know if BMW are proving more effective at expectation management though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So from old PDF before June which i kept you will NOT have availability of larger 20's AMG wheels, HUD, 360 All round camera detection, Burmeister Surround System in metallic finish... rather than black plastic covering, Front and Passenger Electric seats.. maybe also opening the rear tail gate by your foot motion under the bumper and gesture control towards the infotainment screen; menus open up as soon as your hand is close enough. for near enough the same price... !!!! Dick Turpin comes to mind; personally would wait until the New Year... Service Maintenance Pack is £22 per month.... so far email from Merc UK with complimentary 3 year pack after i have taken 4 year contract... lol for my inconvenience of buying a Mercedes at my peril lol to be fixed at a later date or never.... this will probably be my last Mercedes ordering from new, next time what is at the Dealership or online mercedes site.
For Forum members. Attached is the old PDF...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It will be interesting to read the car magazines, when they hear of the new ‘worse spec’, of the EQA.
With my business hat on, it looks like MB are endeavouring to get some of their chip losses back, obviously, from their customers…
I have decided to keep my 2020 EQC Edition 1886.
If I could buy the AMG Line 350 4MATIC Premium Plus from the old brochure. I would place an order today, wait for it, and accept any later issues with chips missing etc…
But the spec in the new brochure is not what I would accept from Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or Audi… I would expect to have some of the options from the old brochure…
I totally agree with what Parkwood has said in his post… “I get the impression it is the luck of the draw for each customer whatever marque.”
It might take more than a year for the chip problem to be finally sorted…?

·
Registered
189 Posts
It will be interesting to read the car magazines, when they hear of the new ‘worse spec’, of the EQA.
With my business hat on, it looks like MB are endeavouring to get some of their chip losses back, obviously, from their customers…
I have decided to keep my 2020 EQC Edition 1886.
If I could buy the AMG Line 350 4MATIC Premium Plus from the old brochure. I would place an order today, wait for it, and accept any later issues with chips missing etc…
But the spec in the new brochure is not what I would accept from Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or Audi… I would expect to have some of the options from the old brochure…
I totally agree with what Parkwood has said in his post… “I get the impression it is the luck of the draw for each customer whatever marque.”
It might take more than a year for the chip problem to be finally sorted…?
Faced with loosing all you have in your current car I would do the same as you for sure. Yes it seems we can expect these problems for some time yet. I am sure there must be some sort of rationalisation going on to protect revenue streams either by deliberately cutting costs by reducing options and or cutting options so they can be sure factories will have what they need to keep operating thereby protecting revenues. One cannot criticise the thinking and it is just a shame that at this pojt in time consumers are finding out the hard way that cannot always get all they want all of the time☹

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
For the Forum members info… I exchanged some emails asking about the top spec EQA…

Hello Tom,
Have any/many EQA AMG Line 350 4MATIC Premium Plus’s, been built, and sold…?
Will we find a used one for sale sometime…?

Hi Kevin,
As far as I can tell from looking at all our systems, no EQA 350s with the Premium Plus package were ever built (they were only just due to go into production when head office removed the specification).

Hello Tom,
I think the top spec EQA would have sold well… I would have definitely bought one…
Perhaps MB will change the brochure, again, soon…?
And the top spec one will become available…?

Hi Kevin,
I imagine it is due to the lack of certain parts from China.
I would be surprised if they did not bring the specification back; and I will let you know as soon as I have more news.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts