Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I've looked at putting some sort of mesh tray under the bonnet. There are a couple of air hoses hampering that idea, but I think they're just GLA generic, and could be re routed. Still in the planning stages yet, as I don't want to jeopardise the warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good day all!

During my commute the other day, my eyes were drawn to a good looking EV that I'd never seen before - a MB EQA! Stunning.

My wife favours smaller cars, but I like a good boot. So trying to find a UK EV that works for us both is proving to be tricky. I'm hearing mixed reviews about the trunk size on the EQA, and I'm struggling to find decent photos online - can any of you owners out there advise what the dimensions are of the boot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm hoping the EQA could be the one for us!

Thanks!
Hi - love my EQA but the boot is not the largest. There are no underfloor cubbies etc as full of batteries. In fact far fewer cubbies in the EQA than the old A classes. However there is more floor area in the boot and my Labrador hated the old A but loves the EQA so measurement all well and good but it gets the Labrador seal of approval! BR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I've looked at putting some sort of mesh tray under the bonnet. There are a couple of air hoses hampering that idea, but I think they're just GLA generic, and could be re routed. Still in the planning stages yet, as I don't want to jeopardise the warranty.
I did initially fit a plastic box under the bonnet to store the charging cable, but later removed it after several uses, as I thought there was more chance of damaging something when putting the cable in the box or getting it out. I agree Mercedes should have fitted an overall plastic cover in the engine compartment with a small frunk for the cable.
The Granny charger and Type 2 cable do both fit under the boot floor if you take it out of the bag, but now for convenience I have used the velcro on the bag to stick it upright on the RHS of the boot.
The only thing I need now is a longer cable as some chargers do not reach to the charge port without parking the car awkwardly which isn't always possible. For instance I parked next to a kerbside lamp post charger on the left hand side but the cable wouldn't reach around the car because the post was in the middle of the parking bay, and as it was a one way street I couldn't park facing the other way.
I also just did a trip through France to Germany and in several Multi Story Car parks there were loads of chargers but I had to reverse my car in against the angle of the bay as the cable wouldn't reach if I went nose in.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts