Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you watch the Mercedes video on you tube the lady says that "with the average UK road trip being 20 miles something per day you will not need to recharge very often..." this seems to be a contradiction to what NMM says about short trips range.
Also, I spoke to a Sales manager of my dealer that drives the same car and he told me in his short commuting daily trips he gets more than 200 miles, bu this colleagues that commutes on motorway does not get more than 180 miles.
it is good to read that some of you have had the car reset, I don't understand if the reset has a lasting effect or not ?
Such an expensive car and with such a power is wasted when you have to drive it always watching the range and try not use the heating. I think Mercedes has conned us all, they should state a lot more clearly that the range advertised in certain specific conditions is nowhere near what you really get on the road.
not to mention that charging the car vs the real range becomes a very expensive exercise, particularly if you use rapid chargers. at my first attempt using a fast charger with the Mercedes me card, I was overcharged by £ 5 which I had to send a few email to get rectified and then despite the discount I realised that by using the Mercedes me card I paid 30% more per KW compared to the tariff charged by the provider to Pay As You Go customers. I raised this with Mercedes and they told me that the advantage of the Mercedes me card is to have one single bill ! like if that justifies pay 30% of the worst tariff the providers offers. I asked to escalate the complaint but no answer as yet. Beware of what you get charged, compare the Mercedes me with the actual providers tariffs, as otherwise Mercedes overcharges you !

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you watch the Mercedes video on you tube the lady says that "with the average UK road trip being 20 miles something per day you will not need to recharge very often..." this seems to be a contradiction to what NMM says about short trips range.
Also, I spoke to a Sales manager of my dealer that drives the same car and he told me in his short commuting daily trips he gets more than 200 miles, bu this colleagues that commutes on motorway does not get more than 180 miles.
it is good to read that some of you have had the car reset, I don't understand if the reset has a lasting effect or not ?
Such an expensive car and with such a power is wasted when you have to drive it always watching the range and try not use the heating. I think Mercedes has conned us all, they should state a lot more clearly that the range advertised in certain specific conditions is nowhere near what you really get on the road.
not to mention that charging the car vs the real range becomes a very expensive exercise, particularly if you use rapid chargers. at my first attempt using a fast charger with the Mercedes me card, I was overcharged by £ 5 which I had to send a few email to get rectified and then despite the discount I realised that by using the Mercedes me card I paid 30% more per KW compared to the tariff charged by the provider to Pay As You Go customers. I raised this with Mercedes and they told me that the advantage of the Mercedes me card is to have one single bill ! like if that justifies pay 30% of the worst tariff the providers offers. I asked to escalate the complaint but no answer as yet. Beware of what you get charged, compare the Mercedes me with the actual providers tariffs, as otherwise Mercedes overcharges you !
Good tip. Will keep an eye out. Has anyone raised the dishonesty point with MB U.K.? What is there take on it? I recently raise some poor customer service issues with MercedesMe and the escalation went nowhere. In fact there response is thanks for raising but we’ll take it from here. Shocking

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had the EQC for 2 months and my range always around 180-185 miles when fully charged. if you don't use the heating the range goes up to 225-230 miles, but not using the heating becomes a task when its cold and you need to de mist the wind screen. also for such an expensive car to drive without the heating or eventually AC seems a very strange requirement.
I also loose some miles overnight or even when you park for an hour or so, at my return to the car the range has dropped.
I have also checked the range decrease vs the miles actually driven, and despite not always using the heating, driving carefully ( it does take away any fun !) on E or MR in D Auto, the actual decrease of the range is higher than the miles driven.
When I checked carefully the actual range equates to approx 140/150 miles of drive.
Do you all have the same problem ? or is there anybody that gets more than 200 miles range ? and if so how do you do it ?
I took mine in for a range reset. They told me that I had my heating on all the time which is why I could only get a range maximum of about 170. I argued that I’ve never used the heating except for the preheat function. Apparently it’s not lit by LED when the heaters are on so BEWARE. You need to actively disable the switch by clicking down. I now get 200 on a charge but it’s early days and it’s not quite the 228 that the dealer achieved to prove his point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's definitely less efficient on short trips in the cold. Average efficiency was as low as 1.2 miles per kWh per on lockdown use of nursery runs and shopping trips. So 'range' of about 100 miles, sometimes even slightly less.

I found it very efficient on SW London to Southend and back in November - 3 or 4 miles per kWh. And again on London to Broadstairs. Think a Swedish poster here found the same - summer long trips of 250 miles or higher. Depends on your motorway use though, hammering it at 100 mph and accelerating and decelerating will obviously run it down faster. Cruise at 60...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cruise at 60 or 80 on a motorway? I heard it was best to do 80-90 on motorways for best range efficiency. Anyone hear any different?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure. Have only used motorways about 4 times in the last year. What do others think? Think a Swedish guy in here said 60 was best. But not sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good tip. Will keep an eye out. Has anyone raised the dishonesty point with MB U.K.? What is there take on it? I recently raise some poor customer service issues with MercedesMe and the escalation went nowhere. In fact there response is thanks for raising but we’ll take it from here. Shocking
I raised the overcharge they apply on other providers with Mercedes, they tried to justify this by saying that the " mercedes me card offers you the convenience of one single bill..." ( at 30% extra cost ! ) and I responded that I wanted to escalate it which they said they will but no further answers. I have had many issues with the car but the Mercedes Customer service is shambolic !

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's definitely less efficient on short trips in the cold. Average efficiency was as low as 1.2 miles per kWh per on lockdown use of nursery runs and shopping trips. So 'range' of about 100 miles, sometimes even slightly less.

I found it very efficient on SW London to Southend and back in November - 3 or 4 miles per kWh. And again on London to Broadstairs. Think a Swedish poster here found the same - summer long trips of 250 miles or higher. Depends on your motorway use though, hammering it at 100 mph and accelerating and decelerating will obviously run it down faster. Cruise at 60...
strange how things vary between different users and what the Mercedes video shows and what I was told by the dealer. the dealer like the video says, tells that short trips should allow you to charge less often/have more range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cruise at 60 or 80 on a motorway? I heard it was best to do 80-90 on motorways for best range efficiency. Anyone hear any different?
I also find it the requirement to cruise or drive carefully difficult to understand, why buy a 400BHP £ 65K plus car and having to drive it very carefully to keep the consumption down ?
i guess I made a mistake and wish somebody should have told me differently, but also for Mercedes to make a car that if you drive with fun, maybe in Sport mode ( I have not done it yet !) will take you back to charge in less than 100 mile seems wrong as a concept too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agree with you on many of the facts. But I see it a little differently. It's true that you'll pay quite a quite a bit more for electricity than with a Nissan Leaf. But for most people buying a 70k car that isn't going to be an issue. So if cost isn't really an issue, what is? Two possible things - the hassle of recharging and long trips. I find the hassle is less than going to petrol stations - it's something you do for 1 minute after parking, a couple of times a month. And in C. London it gets you better parking places! Long trips? Depends on infrastructure, which is arguably the biggest issue. But if the infrastructure is there, you just stop every two hours for a coffee, which is what you'd want to do anyway. Years ago , the salesmen at my firm would do five hour trips around the country at short notice without stopping. The EQC doesn't work for that. But I'd argue it's not a good idea anyway!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts