Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I’ll keep it short and sweet.

I ordered an EQC AMG Line Premium Plus in Nov 2021.
Still waiting as of writing this (July 2022).
I called the Dealer MB Boston.
It’s due to part shortage for a component for the headlight at the MB Bremen factory in Germany,
I got told the car virtually built since March 22 except this one magically component.
No indication of what the component is.
I got told the delay & shortage is due to the Ukraine war affecting supply chain.

Don’t know what else I can do.
I’m glad I didn’t sell my current c350e.

I’m so close to cancelling the order out of frustration, but trying to resist the urge.

conversely I know someone ordered a stock/base EQC and collected 2 weeks ago.

· Registered
167 Posts
If it relates to Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus, it'll be worth the wait. That tech is insanely good. I am blown away every time it tracks and blacks out an oncoming car in real time on dark winding roads, while flood lighting everything beside it, above it, and seemingly behind it. It's pure magic. I've not yet had a single oncoming car flash me to complain, and yet from where I sit, everything in front of me is floodlit.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the encouragement.
I’ve been wondering if it’s even worth sticking with it.
What takes the biscuit, is everyday I’m losing value driving the c350e and adding mileage.
and I’m getting bent and spanked over the table by the petrol prices.
I REALLY cannot wait to never buy petrol again

· Registered
583 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement.
I’ve been wondering if it’s even worth sticking with it.
What takes the biscuit, is everyday I’m losing value driving the c350e and adding mileage.
and I’m getting bent and spanked over the table by the petrol prices.
I REALLY cannot wait to never buy petrol again
It is a really great car but I can appreciate your frustration. All manufacturers seem to have all sorts of issues but maybe if there is an electric model already and waiting you could buy but I would not think ordering a new one yet to be made from anyone else maybe any quicker. I am already thinking when mine goes in for its 1st service I need to think about it’s replacement so I can order well in advance. Cannot see things getting better that quick to be honest. Would a used model be a good stop gap?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a really great car but I can appreciate your frustration. All manufacturers seem to have all sorts of issues but maybe if there is an electric model already and waiting you could buy but I would not think ordering a new one yet to be made from anyone else maybe any quicker. I am already thinking when mine goes in for its 1st service I need to think about it’s replacement so I can order well in advance. Cannot see things getting better that quick to be honest. Would a used model be a good stop gap?
thanks for the suggestion, I’m really not sure if I want to deal with the hassle of finding, then selling a stop gap car.
All I can do is wait.

My friend ordered a brand new 22 plate Tesla and got it in less than 3 months!

I wonder if the wait for the EQC will remove all the hype around the car for me.
has anyone got the EQC and been disappointed with it? I ordered mine without even test driving one so I’m putting the experience into the hands of the EV car gods

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:
I’ve been given my license plate number but still no update on the car. But I’ve check the plate number is not registered.
Apparently the car will now be a 72 plate.
I don’t know if that’s a good sign indicating the car is near, or not

· Registered
583 Posts
Update:
I’ve been given my license plate number but still no update on the car. But I’ve check the plate number is not registered.
Apparently the car will now be a 72 plate.
I don’t know if that’s a good sign indicating the car is near, or not
Means progress of sorts! I would think if the no plate is allocated it is close as that no is now no longer useable on any other car. I hope it lives up to your expectations. I am still very pleased with mine and I hope I willhave augmented reality working after its service next month. I am disappointed in my garage though as they cannot do the service as they are not an EQ approved repairer and I have to take the car to one 100kms away. Given they are all part of the same group I am a bit peed off they did not offer to take the car in give me a loan car and organise the transport to and from saving me the aggro. But with all the changes going on in Mercedes ideas for their dealerships I am thinking maybe ours will be for the chop. The car has been flawless with absolutely no issues at all once I got over the lack of an engine cover and located the jack. On delivery the reduction in the parking app was explained and I was promised Augmented Reality would be upgraded. I asked when orgsnising the service and they are supposedly doing so with a mise a jour (update) the car has the camera so that might be sufficient but it begs the question though why they could have not done it sooner. I shall be marking the service on the survey we get accordingly and shall make comment to mercedes. I am now also turning my mind to the replacement so shall see what the garage have and say re current build times etc. I started out wishing my EQC was an e class and was desperate to change to an e but now I am far less convinced the EQE is a car I want as the EQC has proved so good. Maybe the EQE SUV will be a contender we shall see but I have no regrets at all in choosing the EQC when I did. Let us know how you feel once yours arrives because of course my views are just my own subjective views but I reslly hope you are as pleased as I have been.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Means progress of sorts! I would think if the no plate is allocated it is close as that no is now no longer useable on any other car. I hope it lives up to your expectations. I am still very pleased with mine and I hope I willhave augmented reality working after its service next month. I am disappointed in my garage though as they cannot do the service as they are not an EQ approved repairer and I have to take the car to one 100kms away. Given they are all part of the same group I am a bit peed off they did not offer to take the car in give me a loan car and organise the transport to and from saving me the aggro. But with all the changes going on in Mercedes ideas for their dealerships I am thinking maybe ours will be for the chop. The car has been flawless with absolutely no issues at all once I got over the lack of an engine cover and located the jack. On delivery the reduction in the parking app was explained and I was promised Augmented Reality would be upgraded. I asked when orgsnising the service and they are supposedly doing so with a mise a jour (update) the car has the camera so that might be sufficient but it begs the question though why they could have not done it sooner. I shall be marking the service on the survey we get accordingly and shall make comment to mercedes. I am now also turning my mind to the replacement so shall see what the garage have and say re current build times etc. I started out wishing my EQC was an e class and was desperate to change to an e but now I am far less convinced the EQE is a car I want as the EQC has proved so good. Maybe the EQE SUV will be a contender we shall see but I have no regrets at all in choosing the EQC when I did. Let us know how you feel once yours arrives because of course my views are just my own subjective views but I reslly hope you are as pleased as I have been.
Thanks parkwood, I really appreciate you sharing your experience so far.
I’ve driven the EQC as a family member ordered one through Lex Autolease in March 2022 and took delivery about 2 months ago!

For me, my desperation to get the EQC is because:

1. I would like to sell my current 350e and get some cash back especially now used car prices are high.

2. I’m tired of fuel prices

3. I’m looking forward to the acceleration.

Apart from that, the delay has killed the magic for me.

Having a relative get theirs before mine even though I ordered last year and they ordered this year was a kick in the guts.
and now I’ve finally driven it, it’s just another car.

Hedonic adaptation I suppose.
I’ve lost excitement

· Registered
Mercedes EQC 400 AMG Line
2 Posts
@and.sim Hi there, I got a mail yesterday from the dealership in Belgium, that my car is manufactured and is in transport as we speak. They expect it to be delivered in 2-3 weeks.
Ordered mine in January 2022 (AMG Business Solution) as a company car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts