Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I’ll keep it short and sweet.

I ordered an EQC AMG Line Premium Plus in Nov 2021.
Still waiting as of writing this (July 2022).
I called the Dealer MB Boston.
It’s due to part shortage for a component for the headlight at the MB Bremen factory in Germany,
I got told the car virtually built since March 22 except this one magically component.
No indication of what the component is.
I got told the delay & shortage is due to the Ukraine war affecting supply chain.

Don’t know what else I can do.
I’m glad I didn’t sell my current c350e.

I’m so close to cancelling the order out of frustration, but trying to resist the urge.

conversely I know someone ordered a stock/base EQC and collected 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it relates to Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus, it'll be worth the wait. That tech is insanely good. I am blown away every time it tracks and blacks out an oncoming car in real time on dark winding roads, while flood lighting everything beside it, above it, and seemingly behind it. It's pure magic. I've not yet had a single oncoming car flash me to complain, and yet from where I sit, everything in front of me is floodlit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the encouragement.
I’ve been wondering if it’s even worth sticking with it.
What takes the biscuit, is everyday I’m losing value driving the c350e and adding mileage.
and I’m getting bent and spanked over the table by the petrol prices.
I REALLY cannot wait to never buy petrol again

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement.
I’ve been wondering if it’s even worth sticking with it.
What takes the biscuit, is everyday I’m losing value driving the c350e and adding mileage.
and I’m getting bent and spanked over the table by the petrol prices.
I REALLY cannot wait to never buy petrol again
It is a really great car but I can appreciate your frustration. All manufacturers seem to have all sorts of issues but maybe if there is an electric model already and waiting you could buy but I would not think ordering a new one yet to be made from anyone else maybe any quicker. I am already thinking when mine goes in for its 1st service I need to think about it’s replacement so I can order well in advance. Cannot see things getting better that quick to be honest. Would a used model be a good stop gap?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a really great car but I can appreciate your frustration. All manufacturers seem to have all sorts of issues but maybe if there is an electric model already and waiting you could buy but I would not think ordering a new one yet to be made from anyone else maybe any quicker. I am already thinking when mine goes in for its 1st service I need to think about it’s replacement so I can order well in advance. Cannot see things getting better that quick to be honest. Would a used model be a good stop gap?
thanks for the suggestion, I’m really not sure if I want to deal with the hassle of finding, then selling a stop gap car.
All I can do is wait.

My friend ordered a brand new 22 plate Tesla and got it in less than 3 months!

I wonder if the wait for the EQC will remove all the hype around the car for me.
has anyone got the EQC and been disappointed with it? I ordered mine without even test driving one so I’m putting the experience into the hands of the EV car gods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts