Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like first drive reviews of the EQC are making their way online, this quick preview provides some details on driving it although very brief but its all we have!
Here are some points I pulled from it:
  • not overtly sporty like the Jaguar I-Pace
  • minimal road noise from its Michelin tires and great noise reduction overall
  • great ride quality and comfort especially through corners

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks and drives how you would expect Mercedes too. Though it doesn't need to beat rivals in terms of performance, for what you are spending that will be a factor in how buyers determine value for their money. Should be enough to please loyalists.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but are there not two expected trim levels for this car? I was thinking that it looks a fair bit different than before and some are saying there is an AMG trim package?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks and drives how you would expect Mercedes too. Though it doesn't need to beat rivals in terms of performance, for what you are spending that will be a factor in how buyers determine value for their money. Should be enough to please loyalists.
Agree.

Everyone I know that love Audi products won't give Mercedes or BMW a second look and will likely stay that way even with the new electric's from all 3 brands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard that Audi is having a tough time with its batteries.

It comes down to two main issues:

1) getting batteries
2) living up to range promises

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that Audi is having a tough time with its batteries.

It comes down to two main issues:

1) getting batteries
2) living up to range promises
That can even be a concern for Mercedes.

Compare their experience with that of other leading automakers. BMW has been in it the longest. That is, if you don't count non-luxury brands. In fact I would put more trust in BMW till Mercedes can prove otherwise.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A bunch of EQC's are being tested by members of the media in Norway right now.

Can't wait for their feedback compare to the drives from December 2018 that happened in California.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts