Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my EQC for 10 months now. At the start of summer I noticed I was getting a range of 300 versus 160-170 in winter. Since then I’ve been getting around 220-240. Initially I thought it was the weather that played a significant factor, and I’m aware that driving style, use of car electric are all factored in.
Has anyone else been able to work out how to get some consistency in the range output?

·
Registered
189 Posts
what is your average consumption ie miles per kwh? I picked my car up yesterday and so far over the 80km covered the mpg is 23.7kwh per 100km which gives a range of around 337km the specs say 430km to 480km. To achieve that I will need to improve my consumption to around 18.6 to 16.3 kwh per 100km.
The on board computer will be giving a range related to the average consumption achieved so say a motorway journey will skew things a bit. So as far as I can see the inconsistencies maybe related to inconsistencies in the type of journeys. Do you only use the car on the same regular daily trips or is their a lot of variety?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've never seen more than 240 on mine at 100% - average on mine is 2.8mp kwh since collection (just coming up to 5k miles)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think Range is just your recent consumption divided into 80 (or multiplied by 80 for you Brits because your consumption is inverted). So for example my overall consumption since new (~3000km) is 21.3 kWh/100km which would give a range of 80/21.3*100 = 375km. Using arturner51's numbers for a Brit example.... 80*2.8 = 224 miles.

So it probably makes more sense to focus on your consumption numbers than your range, as range is just a consequence of consumption, and you can monitor consumption on the fly, not just when you've filled up. There are two excellent trip meters to help with that ("From Start" and "Since Reset") as well as a display for instantaneous consumption. "From Start" auto-resets whenever the car has been parked for > 4 hours, so it's useful for data on your current journey and will nicely span breaks etc. Once you've stopped for more than 4 hours it deems that your next trip to be a new journey and automatically starts afresh. "Since Reset" only resets when you use manually reset it. I reset that one each time I top up, and I rarely take it to 100% unless I'm about to launch on a trip.

Font Audio equipment Home appliance Technology Electronic device

Another useful display is the consumption display. It will show you how much energy is going into propulsion Vs the 12V system Vs heating/cooling.

Speedometer Plant Vehicle Trip computer Tachometer

Once underway, the instantaneous consumption gives you a live reading of kWh/100km (or probably miles/kWh for you Brits) but it has a neat feature whereby when you've stopped, even briefly at lights, it tells you how much power it's sucking just sitting there... 900W in this case. I have seen that as high as a few kWs on first start for the day, as it recharges the 12V lead acid battery, but typically only for 10 or 15 secs. That behaviour is very much like an alternator in an ICE vehicle.. it tends to do most of its work immediately after starting.. where you'll sometimes even hear the fanbelt squeal as it brings the 12V battery back up to charge (happily no fanbelts or alternators in EVs)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts