Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hoping someone can help as can’t find anything online so suspect the mouse is broken. It is not the buttons it’s the swipe facility. Stopped working last night after running a duster over the centre console. Thought I may have have just knocked out the settings but everything looks well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good day. Maybe some lint got stuck at the side or underneath a button so the electric contacts underneath are signaling incorrectly and interfering with other signals. Therefore my first thought would be to use a vacuum cleaner to extract , however the lint is likely permanently stuck and this technique is not mentioned in the owner's manual cleaning chapter, plus the vacuum headpiece could scratch the gloss black easily if not careful.

A second thought is static electricity buildup on the duster has affected the circuits underneath the console, which is the more likely reason I suspect. I just use a cotton towel for cleaning and haven't had that problem yet. Maybe try getting interior cleaned might help however I suspect the damage is already done.

I would be interested in other theories too or let us know when you get resolved

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good day. Maybe some lint got stuck at the side or underneath a button so the electric contacts underneath are signaling incorrectly and interfering with other signals. Therefore my first thought would be to use a vacuum cleaner to extract , however the lint is likely permanently stuck and this technique is not mentioned in the owner's manual cleaning chapter, plus the vacuum headpiece could scratch the gloss black easily if not careful.

A second thought is static electricity buildup on the duster has affected the circuits underneath the console, which is the more likely reason I suspect. I just use a cotton towel for cleaning and haven't had that problem yet. Maybe try getting interior cleaned might help however I suspect the damage is already done.

I would be interested in other theories too or let us know when you get resolved
Thanks for the reply. The mouse has started working again on startup this morning. Strange as I only dusted it lightly with a cotton cloth. Everything else was still working including the writing facility. Hopefully it won’t happen again and is not an intermittent fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts