Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, just placed an order for her EQC premium line and expected to be delivered in 6months early March 2022. A bit longer than I expected but worth the wait! Any further updates from owners on the issue with the haptic brake pedal ie stiffness on occasion and is this a safety issue ? I
cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just picked mine up ordered in April, arrived 6 weeks late, have covered 130km. Augmented reality not wired up though camera there and we are on a promise it will be fitted when the chips are available. Parrallel parking deactivated also the lane change assist. And a big shock no engine cover, contacted my garage and to their surprise other electric cars were missing theirs too so they are thinking mercedes have stopped shipping them fittied with the engine cover. They are investogating with mercedes not sure if it is penny pinching or there are technical reasons like heat build up or vibration am going to gsrage on monday and willupdate.
No problem with the brake feel other thanit is a slightly different feel all round to my 2018 e class. Not my first choice being an SUV and c class level but the whole electric driving side is very very good and I never anticipate returning to dirty old technology of gasoil or essence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just picked mine up ordered in April, arrived 6 weeks late, have covered 130km. Augmented reality not wired up though camera there and we are on a promise it will be fitted when the chips are available. Parrallel parking deactivated also the lane change assist. And a big shock no engine cover, contacted my garage and to their surprise other electric cars were missing theirs too so they are thinking mercedes have stopped shipping them fittied with the engine cover. They are investogating with mercedes not sure if it is penny pinching or there are technical reasons like heat build up or vibration am going to gsrage on monday and willupdate.
No problem with the brake feel other thanit is a slightly different feel all round to my 2018 e class. Not my first choice being an SUV and c class level but the whole electric driving side is very very good and I never anticipate returning to dirty old technology of gasoil or essence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure once chips are available merc will calls customers to fit and activate augmented reality,parking assist and accessories. A bit surprised to hear about the engine cover though!
Good to hear the brakes are not too much of a concern. Same here was looking for an electric suv and the Mercedes particularly the interior is top notch so the best choice for now.
Keep us posted about the consumption, charging options ..

·
Registered
189 Posts
will do so far over 138km the car has returned 22,3kwh per 100km and over 57,8 made up of 2 journeys one short of 11km return it is 20,4kwhper 100km (392km with the 80kw capacity) which is getting close to the advertised range of about 420km combined. More on charging later.
Re the motor cover I found a UK poster raising the same query in Jan this year and reporting Meecedes had stopped shipping them with covers but that he could buy one if he wanted😯 was thinking I might do that but then common sense kicked in😉

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the engine cover got removed with the 2021 update. But on the upside they improved the electronics cooling, so the onboard AC charger can now do 11kW instead of 7.3kW - if you have 3 phase power. Here in Aus we often have a 3 phase AC EVSE alongside our DC chargers, as a back-up. If you're ever forced to use that on a roadtrip because the DC chargers are all in use, or faulted, you'll appreciate the 50% improvement in charging speed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think the engine cover got removed with the 2021 update. But on the upside they improved the electronics cooling, so the onboard AC charger can now do 11kW instead of 7.3kW - if you have 3 phase power. Here in Aus we often have a 3 phase AC EVSE alongside our DC chargers, as a back-up. If you're ever forced to use that on a roadtrip because the DC chargers are all in use, or faulted, you'll appreciate the 50% improvement in charging speed.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am getting used to the idea now had I known in advance it would have made it easier I suspect. wonder if the removal was related to cost saving or a technical issue of cooling? it is not there on the EQA apparently and the EQS and EQE have bonnets which cannot be opened by the owner as they need a code……bet there are no engine covers on those either!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you know why the lane change assist has been deactivated? Is it linked maybe to the sensors for parallel parking also being used for it?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do you know why the lane change assist has been deactivated? Is it linked maybe to the sensors for parallel parking also being used for it?
No I do not know the specifics of why but I do know it is related to the UN R79 rules so it is something to do with either the sensors or the degree of movement in the steering if my understanding if all the various posts is correct. My pretty trustworthy sales guy said only the new c and s have the facilities ie the newest models. I used it on my e but it did not really add a lot to the experience more of a novelty and on my last long trip I did not bother and in fact found it more relaxing not too as it was a tad slow so on an empty stretch it worked fine around lorries but on a more busy stretch it was easier to be in manual control. I have never used the parking function🤣 I avoid street parking like the plague here, my fellow citizens use bumpers as just that and will bounce off them if the space it tight. I am too obsessive to be able to deal with that thought and for car park parking I am the pathetic person who seeks an end space that if possible I can park wide away from the other car in. I may now be a french citizen but there will always be a part of me that is the uptight brit🤣

·
Registered
21 Posts
No I do not know the specifics of why but I do know it is related to the UN R79 rules so it is something to do with either the sensors or the degree of movement in the steering if my understanding if all the various posts is correct. My pretty trustworthy sales guy said only the new c and s have the facilities ie the newest models. I used it on my e but it did not really add a lot to the experience more of a novelty and on my last long trip I did not bother and in fact found it more relaxing not too as it was a tad slow so on an empty stretch it worked fine around lorries but on a more busy stretch it was easier to be in manual control. I have never used the parking function🤣 I avoid street parking like the plague here, my fellow citizens use bumpers as just that and will bounce off them if the space it tight. I am too obsessive to be able to deal with that thought and for car park parking I am the pathetic person who seeks an end space that if possible I can park wide away from the other car in. I may now be a french citizen but there will always be a part of me that is the uptight brit🤣
😂. Thanks for letting me know. I'll miss the parallel assist but can manage to park with the 360˚ cameras. I guess I won't use the lane assist if it is too slow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
@Parkwood did your spec come with burmeister stereo?
Yes it was delivered with the burmester system. French spec cars are a bit different Apple Car play is an option extra not inc in either premium or premium plus for example it cost me 450euro! When I last looked a couple of weeks ago it was no longer inc on the specs, it came with the premium plus pkge. It is not on a standalone offer either like say the apple car play was implying either mercedes are stopping it or there is a shortage and they are diverting avaiable units to specific cars poss the EQS and EQE as new launches but that is just speculation on my part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks I ordered the premium plus so was very keen on the burmerster system! Still a few months to go until delivery so we will see. What range are you getting at present?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks I ordered the premium plus so was very keen on the burmerster system! Still a few months to go until delivery so we will see. What range are you getting at present?
Ok I do not think in terms of ”range” per se. Rather just as with my gasoil eclass I look at consumption as in my day to day life I have no need for max range from the car. I use mercedes eco coach app and limit charge to 50% as this covers my daily needs. Over 1568km my average is 22.2kwh/100km which translates to about 360km on a full battery (the stated range is 414 WLTP with consumption of 22.3 mixed, 28.2 motorway and 17.3 town in summer, winter figures are substantially reduced at 30.8, 37.2 and 25.9) But on occasion I have seen consumption around 19 and for the 15 days I had the car in Sept I averaged better than the WLTP figure of 21.5 according to the eco charge app which keeps the data for up to 5 months. Most of my day to day journeys are short and I use d auto all the time usually with limiter sometimes with cruise. D auto is good at slowing the car by regen for junctions change in speed limits and roundabouts and for prompting you when to liftyour foot off the gas. It also glides sometimes putting power back at the same time.
I am totallyhappy with the “range” in that I understand how I can get more, how adverse conditions like weather, number of stop starts etc can affect the consumption and how range is product of consumption. The car has sufficient range for my needs and I only charge as a matter of course to 50% as recommended by the eco coach app topping up if I need to every couple of days but 10% a day can be sufficient for me.
I think the way electric cars are sold has caused a dreadful misunderstanding of what the “range”means and it seems that people are expecting if the car is topped up to 100% it will do the stated max mileage but ICE cars are not sold the same way. They are sold on consumption, not if you put 60litres in an eclass it’s range is 1100km which it may or may not be dependent on driving conditions and everyone accepts that consumption is variable. Electric cars are no different. The EQC can store 80kw of power, how far that goes depends on the consumption in my case generally over 1568 km 22.2kwh per 100km.
I would really recommend the eco coach app not least you earn points which can be redeemed on your mercedes me charge account OK 5 euro for 29000 points but I will be there in a week, but you can also offset carbon which Iintend to do as well. I have learnt a lot from the app not least how to look after the battery. As I lease the long term health is not my concern really but if I can stop it failing early that has to be good for the planet😉
Hope this helps a bit. I do also have a home charger which makes life simpler but if you need the car for say trips of 50 miles and can top up as needed it will work a treat. Regular long distance trips will be more hassle ie as a repmobilethat is where the EQE saloon will fill the gap and no doubt the repalcement EQC may be better but its size and shape mitigate against that a bit you makes your choice accordingly……

·
Registered
21 Posts
They have stopped installing the Burmester system on the EQC range. This came directly from MB to me and is no longer on their latest brochure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They have stopped installing the Burmester system on the EQC range. This came directly from MB to me and is no longer on their latest brochure.
It is also missing on the french site too so yes it seems they have taken it out totally. I wonder if the arrangement with Burmester has come to an end it seems very strange……

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is also missing on the french site too so yes it seems they have taken it out totally. I wonder if the arrangement with Burmester has come to an end it seems very strange……
They are still selling it on the E-Class, GLE and of course the EQS so it’s a matter of deprioritising the EQC range.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts