Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first service recently. I believe the onboard computer was reset during the service. Since service I have found that the range is much closer to the miles driven. Previously I would drive 80 miles on the motorway and found that the range reduced by 150 miles.
Any idea what’s changed? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
EQC 2020
23 Posts
They might have applied a couple of software updates? I’ve just had two, one for the battery management system and the other for ‘levels’, whatever that is. Going to test the charge rate tomorrow on a 120kW InstaVolt. What is the maximum charge rate you can achieve, out of interest?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it’s tough to answer that. Because I do long distance motorway driving I find my max charge fluctuates as though the algo is factoring in that I do motorway drives. On avg I get 230ish. But more recent I’m getting 200. It’s possible that with this software reset I’m getting less max range but the range lasts longer!

·
Registered
EQC 2020
23 Posts
Ah yes, but that’s the range, I was really enquiring about the maximum rate of charge. My EQC will not charge faster than 32kW. Apparently the software update is supposed to fix this, as the car should charge at around 120kW. I’ll find out tomorrow!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yo recibí un par de actualizaciones y el otro día estuve en Ionity y no pasaba de 32kw y ayer estuve en un cargador de 50kw y no bajaba de 47kw. Así que no sé si el cargador Ionity no iba bien o las baterías estaban frías. Mi rango está en 320km a 350.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Unless there were vastly different climatic conditions between the two, my money would be on the charger. They're proving unreliable around these parts. Here's the current status of four near me (the network operator is not shy about naming and shaming their supplier):
Rectangle Line Font Circle Electric blue
Sky Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue
Azure Sky Rectangle Font Electric blue
Violet Font Rectangle Water Handwriting

·
Registered
EQC 2020
23 Posts
Update: I charged on a 120kW InstaVolt charger this afternoon but the EQC charge rate did not exceed 54kW. Interestingly, it was almost double the rate before the software update but still on half the stated maximum. We’re travelling over the next few days and will charge using a number of high speed chargers, which should be a good test. I’ll report back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.