Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following up on 91Underwood post on an EQXX-derived car, it appears there are now photos of the actual car. Might be of interest if you are considering a new medium-size car? Perhaps only available as a slinky saloon initially, and existing EQC to be renamed EQC SUV or else an entire new naming system may be used.

* 800v charging plus EQXX-inspired aerodynamics so potentially more than twice as fast as existing EQC to recharge a mile of range under perfect conditions

* in "saloon" format possibly up to double range (~700km+) of existing EQC SUV ~400km WLTP

* looks like first Mercedes with Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture (MMA) platform (for medium/small Benz) and MB.OS operating system so more hardware will be updatable Over-The-Air so potentially suited to even better active/autonomous steering in more circumstances

* 4.7m length about same as existing EQC

* more value-oriented compared to EQE and EQS

* seems like a luxury Hyundai Ioniq 6

· Registered
24 Posts
thanks for sharing. Do you think Mercedes will ever have an SUV in the future like the 2023 hyundai Ioniq 7? Got my EQC love it but I’m definitely interested in a slightly larger EV. Would love to stick with the Merc brand though

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EQE SUV "coming soon" to UK is about 4.9m length likely similar to Ioniq 7..

Only the larger EQS SUV has 7 seats though, possibly for extra safety for those in the back seats in a crash from the rear where passengers are potentially thrown up and rearward? The standards agencies don't seem to test these scenarios much

How A Bent Model Y Seat Reveals A Huge Hole In US Safety Standards

EQC passenger Euroncap adult occupant score for hardware 96%

Ioniq 5 Euroncap score for hardware 88%

· Registered
583 Posts
I was told by my French dealer that at the moment the EQE is the EQC replacement, but be warned I have configured one and the price is very steep not sure it can really be said to be a replacement.
My car is approaching the 18mths point in its lease and I can change whenever I want and my dealer is recommending I consider my options now due to lead times so a new car is here for the end of my lease. The EQE saloon boot is not praticable, the EQE SUV is a tad bigger but not excessively so but it is the cost that is now starting to put me off do I really want and can I really justify that much for a car, we are talking ICE S class money I would never have previously thought of spending that much. I am left feeling very disappointed with the choices as the A and B class are not quite what I want I would like an upgraded top quality EQC as per my current car, also not happy the EQE is built in the states I would prefer a european constructed car. Sadly though I look at other electric cars and few are up to the standard of the Mercedes or if they are the design philosophy is sport not comfort ie BMW when I want comfort. 1st world problems of course

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EQE SUV, in a low-spec variant, serves as a placeholder until the next-generation EQC SUV, or I guess more likely called the "GLC Electric", becomes available ~2025.

In Europe Rastatt plant (Germany) and Kecskemét plant (Hungary) will build MMA platform-based cars like the upcoming EQC model-

· Registered
583 Posts
What will Bremen be building? At the moment they build c and e variants with Rastatt and Kecskmet doing A class. Will it be the same split will Bremen continue with mid range MMA ie electric c class? Where is the EQE saloon built is it only Stuttgart?

· Registered
583 Posts
Ok now read the articles very interesting and it answers the Bremen question.Glad the c class is not based on the mma plateform and will be using the same as the top end cars.to me the c should be as luxurious as the e or s just a smaller package for us Europeans who have less need for the larger cars But still want luxury.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hadn't read it fully. But reading it, original plan for next EQC was to use MMA platform that will be used for combustion cars too, however now production of the next-gen Mercedes EQC SUV seems likely to use EV-only MB.EA-M platform and continue production at the Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen, Germany, and the Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd. (BBAC) in Beijing, China.

It ties in with the recent focus on superb cars, even if lesser cars being made-

EQE saloon seems to be built in those factories too-

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Given that you pointed out EQC to be likely decided on a new MB.EA platform, and is due later than 2024 the 2024 car in the photos is therefore more likely debut of MMA platform such as an EQC-length CLA saloon instead of the EQ C class electric due 2025 which could debut MB-EA platform.

Some reports aslo consider it could be EQA saloon though if it was measured at 4.7m that is unlikely!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts