Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first year service this week. Does anyone know how Mercedes’ can charge combustion engine service prices for electric vehicles? It’s just visual checks..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Good day. My first 2 service were free. Maybe ask for itemized receipt and publish here. Maybe no engine oil or fuel filters needed but going forward some items could still be needed like general repairs, electric equipment computerized evaluation, wipers, tires, coolant, brake fluid, washer fluid, climate control filter and refrigerant etc.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had my first year service this week. Does anyone know how Mercedes’ can charge combustion engine service prices for electric vehicles? It’s just visual checks..
How much did they charge? What does the itemised bill show the breakdowns as ie how much labour and parts and what parts? My garage said it was not worth getting the service paln as servicing was cheaper so I am interested to know how much to budget.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Should say that for the A service for the ICE is mainly visual checks with just an oil and filter change, B service incls brake fluid change as well. Cannot remeber if the hepa filter is A and B or just B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found quite a disparity in prices for my first service back in December 2021. I live within 15 miles of 3 official dealers and called them all, including the original supplier and found not only almost a 20% price difference between cheapest and most expensive but some were also charging extra for 'loan' car - should that be a 'hire' car? I went with the cheapest option who also offered a free 'loan' car and explained that if I had the car serviced before it was 1 year old it would be cheaper than if it was over 1 year old. Had it done at 355 days old and the paperwork states "Service 'A' with Plus Package + Windshield Wash & Dust Filter. £218.15 in total.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I have my first service booked in for 23rd March. I was told that the car will need to be left overnight as there are 4 software updates required and one of them alone takes 4 hours. Has anyone any experience with the software updates? Do they make a difference to the car? First 3 years of servicing are free I'm told 🤞

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine had to be left overnight and loan car was provided for that period. I had a 'battery management software upgrade' which basically resulted in my max charge down in November from around 210 miles to 170 miles overnight. I complained to MB about this and they said it was down to drop in temperature.... I said I would wait until Spring and if no better I would be taking issue with them. Now up to 180 miles max charge.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I found quite a disparity in prices for my first service back in December 2021. I live within 15 miles of 3 official dealers and called them all, including the original supplier and found not only almost a 20% price difference between cheapest and most expensive but some were also charging extra for 'loan' car - should that be a 'hire' car? I went with the cheapest option who also offered a free 'loan' car and explained that if I had the car serviced before it was 1 year old it would be cheaper than if it was over 1 year old. Had it done at 355 days old and the paperwork states "Service 'A' with Plus Package + Windshield Wash & Dust Filter. £218.15 in total.
Thanks for response. No competition for me both other dealers are an hour away in either direction and one of those is part of the same group as mine and where mine went to get a test drive EQC for me! Hourly rates here are 70 to 90 euro depending on skill level reqd and booked out in mins allocated for job by Mercedes’ all detailed on the bill. I think 200 250 is a likely bill allowing for the filter. Wiper blades for the e class were around 60 euro from memory. I think labour rates are cheaper here but parts are dearer. Got another 6 mths to go yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pasé la revisión hace 2 meses Gratis, pero me pase por varios Mercedes a pedir presupuesto para Mantenimiento B y deciros que el precio me pareció excesivo 487 euros y si cambias el líquido de frenos había que sumar 100 euros. El precio de mano de obra en modelos EQ era de 132 euros así que una ruina. Me hicieron una actualización de software y revisión en la maza de cables que muchos modelos presentan fallas. Actualmente me ha bajado la autonomía de la batería espero que solo sea por cuestiones del invierno sin embargo algo le han tenido que hacer en la revisión.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.