Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
37 Posts
If the problem is in car so Service need to solve it - it´s electric car, you need to charge it and now charging doesn´t work as well as needed. If Service doesn´t know what to do, they can ask tip from Germany.

They can update car´s software - maybe it helps, maybe not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a software update during my first year service today. Went home to plug the charger and it reads 3.7kw for the first time since I bought the car.
I have a log of all my charging power and time on the charger’s application as a proof.
It seems most likely that MB software update has clamped the charging power to 3.7kw/hour.
This has not been communicated to us by MB !!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I had a software update during my first year service today. Went home to plug the charger and it reads 3.7kw for the first time since I bought the car.
I have a log of all my charging power and time on the charger’s application as a proof.
It seems most likely that MB software update has clamped the charging power to 3.7kw/hour.
This has not been communicated to us by MB !!!
Ouch. Not good... so now there will be more people with the same issue as I have with mine. :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have EQC 2022, got the car in feb 2022. It has 11kw charger. I have 32 A single charger at home, and the car is charing 7 kw.
"single" as in single phase? As @Mandingolary says, if they've only run a single phase to the EVSE then the car will only charge at 7.4kW. That's how mine is set up as I only have a single phase house. What does the circuit breaker in the fuse box look like? Is it a single switch or 3 switches ganged together?

·
Registered
2022 EQC
8 Posts
"single" as in single phase? As @Mandingolary says, if they've only run a single phase to the EVSE then the car will only charge at 7.4kW. That's how mine is set up as I only have a single phase house. What does the circuit breaker in the fuse box look like? Is it a single switch or 3 switches ganged together?
I only have single phase in my house. I do not need to have 11kW charging in my car, So I only use single phase 32A charging so I will only get 7.4 kw. But I can get 3 Phase in my house, but it cost some money, that I do not need to spend. If the car is fairly empty then it will take some hours to charge the car over night, and I am not driving at night time. I have a single circuit breaker for only my EV. There is no charging going on in the"charger", the charging is done in the car, because the charger is in the car. You are only transporting the 240v AC to the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
did you get anywhere with this issue? I have something similar. My home chargepoint is 7kW but recently it has only charged at 3.6kW. I have had PodPoint out to check it and nothing found. Tried a different cable so it does seem to be the car where the fault lies. I'm going to book it in with MB.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi! My MY20 EQC is not able to handle 32A from a single phase wall charger, although other Mercedes hybrid to this nicely.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Is the cable you're using hardwired to the EVSE, or are you using the cable supplied by MB? This thread got me thinking of a possible scenario that would explain what you're seeing... but it's a long shot. I think both the other cars you tried are capable of charging with 3-phase - although the DS3 only as a factory option it would seem. Are you sure your EVSE is single phase? Any chance of a pic of your circuit breaker?

If your EVSE is 3-phase and the current is limited to less than 32A (either because of the dipswitch settings inside the EVSE, or because of the cable you're using) it would make sense that those other two cars can charge at 7.4kW while your pre-2021 EQC can't because it's only using one of the three phases, while the other two cars were drawing from all three phases.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Is the cable you're using hardwired to the EVSE, or are you using the cable supplied by MB? This thread got me thinking of a possible scenario that would explain what you're seeing... but it's a long shot. I think both the other cars you tried are capable of charging with 3-phase - although the DS3 only as a factory option it would seem. Are you sure your EVSE is single phase? Any chance of a pic of your circuit breaker?

If your EVSE is 3-phase and the current is limited to less than 32A (either because of the dipswitch settings inside the EVSE, or because of the cable you're using) it would make sense that those other two cars can charge at 7.4kW while your pre-2021 EQC can't because it's only using one of the three phases, while the other two cars were drawing from all three phases.
the EVSE is single phase. My entire house is single phase (45A - 220V).

when I connect my car to my dad’s 3-phase 30A 220V, it charges at 7.2 kW.

It looks like early EQCs like mine have this limitation. Single Phase 16A
3 Phase 32A.

mas per Mercedes investigation using my EQC chassis number. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
19 Posts
el EVSE es monofásico. Toda mi casa es monofásica (45A - 220V).

cuando conecto mi auto al trifásico 30A 220V de mi papá, carga a 7.2 kW.

Parece que los primeros EQC como el mío tienen esta limitación. Monofásico 16A
3 Fase 32A.

mas por investigación de Mercedes usando mi número de chasis EQC. 🤷‍♂️
[/CITA]
Te tienes que fijar en el conector de carga si tiene todos los pines puedes cargar un 11kw sino solo un 7.4kw.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts