Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered the EQC AMG Premium back in June and was very excited to be getting it in Dec, however my enthusiasm is being tempered by the changes to the spec. The main reason I upgraded to the Premium was for the Burmester sound system, however it now just comes with the standard system. Now all you get for £4k uplift on the AMG line is a sunroof, air freshner and Apple Car Play (which to be honest should be standard in all cars now). This is before I get the car and find that some of the functionality isn't set up yet because of the chip shortage.

Are other having similar frustrations? Has anyone had compensation or a price reduction offered due to the spec changes? Our lease company said we could cancel but that every company is having the same issue so we'd have to wait even longer for a new car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
In france there are 2 AMG line packs, so the base is AMG, then AMG premium then premium plus and believe it or not apple car play is not inc in either and is 450 euro on top😤. But to answer your question I thought Burmester came with the premium plus however looking at the french configerateur it is missing totslly and there are some new cars in the en ligne showroom allegedly with premium plus and no burmester listed others with it so another victim of the chip shortage I wonder?
It is actually getting really quite ridiculous now but Mercedes are not alone in having to stripout things from the cars. Makes me think the augmented reality will not get switched on in mine🙄😤

·
Registered
189 Posts
Forgot to say when I collected my car I was given a 200 euro discount without asking on an 8m charging cable as recompense for the park assist and lane change assist reduction and the wait for the augmented reality. They had already given me a decent discount on the cable so overall I was happy especially as I got an excellent deal on the car, but this is my 4th car from the same dealership.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
waiting to see what Mercedes are going to offer in terms of compensation, but holding my breath

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting I placed my order August and the brochure I received advising of the Sept 2021 changes listed the Burmeister sound system on premium and premium plus models. Do you know what system Merc are replacing this with?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting I placed my order August and the brochure I received advising of the Sept 2021 changes listed the Burmeister sound system on premium and premium plus models. Do you know what system Merc are replacing this with?
The standard stereo, the website still has the Burmester stereo as part of the spec but the new brochure has removed it, as well as wireless charging

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. You are expecting your car December? When did you place your order? From my estimates, it is about 5months delivery time at the moment ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts