Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my new EQS350 since yesterday and I do have the three sound experiences (turned it off after testing). I think I have the digital lights as well (not tested in the dark yet), because the "rain" projection is working when closing the car. For you info: I'm in Belgium as well, so it IS available in Belgium.

I do have another problem (in fact two):
  • The dashcam was auto-starting when I received the car, but now it isn't anymore, any ideas anyone?
  • And I'm trying to find how you can auto-login with your (default) profile, think it is not possible?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dar,

thanks for the suggestions.

I don't have any menu to associate the smartly with the user profile. However I noticed that if I wait about 10 seconds after starting the car, the MBUX is automatically choosing my profile. That is ok for me.

However, the dashboard cam is an issue. I don't have the menu that I see in different screenshots here in this forum. I can choose for Loop Recording and for Individual Recording (and can start both from within the menu), however, after stopping/starting the car, I have to manually activate the dashcam again and again. This is defeating the purpose of a dashcam, I forget often to start it manually.

And I'm sure that it was correctly working on the day I received the car. So it's a software bug or it has been blocked for use in Belgium. Can someone else from Belgium confirm that your dashcam is auto-starting or not? I'll check with the dealer the coming days.

What I noticed as well after a couple of days usage: Stoplight cam is not always working. Sometimes it is showing the stoplights on the main screen, sometimes not (not talking about the intelligent stoplights, I don't think we have a lot of them here in Belgium).

On the other hand, very happy at this moment with the efficiency. Average around 17KWh/100km (rather defensive driving style), meaning a reach of somewhere between 500 and 550km (and this for the smaller battery in the 350). Nice!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for all the advice Dar!

• I have the "protect content" in the configuration menu's, but I do not have the "Smartkey Recognition" menu. However it's not a big problem anymore, since the profile is auto-selected after 10 or 20 seconds.
  • Dashcam: According to the GDRP link you provided, it seems not to be a legal issue in Belgium, hence the auto-start of the dashcam should work. I'll take it up with my dealer.
In meantime I linked the two-finger gesture to start the dashcam, not great, but better than nothing :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm 99% sure that the auto-start of the dashcam was working on the very first day I received the car. Maybe, based on geolocation, it was disabled automatically (at least for Belgium).
What is the difference, enabling it automatically or manually, the recording is there nonetheless, stupid privacy regulations :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts