Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good call Jeggo. I was aware of this but have been too lazy to date to look into it. Guess what I'm doing this afternoon? Thanks for the prompt. Let you know how I get on.

That said I still think the fob based setting aka BMW style would be a minimal cost / reasonable benefit (experience wise) benefit. You would imagine it to be a software function primarily.
Well I did try to set the easy exit option but reasons unknown, the seat option is greyed out and won't allow to change it ... the wheel and window are optioned on.

This is what I see on screen when I try to set that up .... any ideas? I have both profiles set up correctly best I see.

Would be great get this one ticked off.

Wheel Automotive design Plant Font Personal luxury car

Light Gadget Font Communication Device Screenshot

Attachments

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The pre-entry climate control is needless to say a joy. So many years doing massive early morning commutes I'd have loved this.

But I noticed today that whilst the routine warms the cabin, clears all above mid height glass perfectly, it does not clear the front lights.

The lightest snow this morning and a bit cold but nothing like experienced in other countries and I noticed this ..... the lights entirely covered. As I say this was not hard winter stuff but a flurry of snow and they are entirely covered. And this was after a 20 minute journey when I realised

Suggestion for Mercedes .... integrate a heat bar that optionally activates when optioning pre-entry climate control, into the digital light cluster

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

Car White Vehicle Snow Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Snow Automotive tire Grille Car

Top half and rear in good shape ....

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Snow

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Window Automotive lighting

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Also building on Nicksters early post, make a software modification to option on/off the purchased automatic dashcam recording system with additional storage. Current default is 'off'

It's painful having to option this on each time used. Again surely a relatively cheap/time effective modification that could be made relatively quickly.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just a gentle ask folks to those kind enough to contribute improvement ideas. Could I ask you to add a bold summary line of the improvement idea, somewhere within your description and conversationplease? It just makes it easier to scan through and summarise.

Who knows, if we do keep building on this excellent data and forward it to Mercedes CAC, a few might just get done. Especially the SW ones. You never know.

You would like to think someone was listening to what real. motivated and considered customers are actually wanting for their hard earned dollar / pound / euro / yen etc

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok this might be into the territory of common sense and what to do in fairness but of course the front nose bonnet area that would previously have had an ICE in, retains the snow spectacularly well. Of course no heat and a large hepa filter = 2-3" of snow that does not thaw or move so easily.

First time this year we had snow but of course as there is no heat it blows and lifts off .... but unlike an ICE which takes a few minutes to melt and run off, it takes maybe an hour of snow blowing on the windscreen. Again maybe some passive low level bonnet heating to remove snow will allow it to run off during the pre entry climate procedure.

Common sense also of course dictates that a soft brush will be used the next time but again, an unexpected change and need for adjustment functionally for the user or a need to improve the product.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well I did try to set the easy exit option but reasons unknown, the seat option is greyed out and won't allow to change it ... the wheel and window are optioned on.

This is what I see on screen when I try to set that up .... any ideas? I have both profiles set up correctly best I see.

Would be great get this one ticked off.

View attachment 1864

View attachment 1865
Mystery solved. If you option the 'steering wheel position' to on, the 'seat position' un-greys (is that actually a word?) and you can option that as well.

Why the wheel option is a dependency for the seat I have no idea. But it does work. And it it is a good solution .... getting in and out is a way easier thing to do now.

· Registered
42 Posts
Softclose doors!

I also don't understand why you have to press on button to start the car. It could be combined with the fingerprint reading.

Motorized charge port door and AC ports on both sides like Porsche.

An original trunk protection and better carpets for the rear seat.

Better standard rear seats and armrest.

· Registered
5 Posts
Morning all. Well a month or two in now and overall I have to confess to being impressed and pleased at the decision.

That said, it also allows a little time to see things that could have been done better and I thought why don't we jot down a running list of improvement ideas. Who know maybe MB actually read this stuff and might just take some of it on board.

Anyway my starter for 10 .....

Slide In (integrated) Charger Flap A-La Tesla - The fols out flap cheapens the deal for me. That 2.0 Cd sleek frame is spoiled by an ICE style access flap same as you might see on a 1980's Honda Civic.

Trunk Charger Cable Storage Lid - BMW do a dampened open and close mechanism whereas the MB one is clunk and drop open and close. For maybe £3.00 more it could be more elevated. Small? Yes but again to enhance the experience

Key Stored Profile to adjust Car Settings - PITA for me getting in after the wife when the seat and wheel settings are for a smaller person. Surely it must be relatively easy that the car adjusts position based on the key and key holder? BMW do that and it's very nice. That one hacks me off.

Illuminated Seat Belt Receptacle - I saw on the early demo cars that there was a halo ring showing where to plug in the belt. It got good reviews and comments but never made it to my model. Shame, would be nice.

Position of Light Dial - I have a habit of knocking the dial with my leg (maybe due to the wife's seat position mentioned above that we cannot adjust via the key :) ) .... you only get to know about it when someone flashes you on the road. Maybe it could adjusted or recessed a little

Don't know if any of you share those opinions or have your own improvement suggestions but I think it would be good to jot these down as they occur. Certainly I'd be interested in any improvements you see on your car and experience.
I am seeing some features disappear without any warning. The traffic light count down feature stopped working. The power usage guage does not work in Assistance mode on driver display.
I would also really like to see soft close doors.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Softclose doors!

I also don't understand why you have to press on button to start the car. It could be combined with the fingerprint reading. Push button combine start combine with fingerprint (or facial recognition)

Motorized charge port door and AC ports on both sides
like Porsche.

Good point that Robert. It's a 50/50 hit rate for me if it reads facial recognition or then asks for fingerprint. And then of course Sop/Start .... safety measure maybe?

Motorised/sliding charge port seems a no-brainer given Tesla and Porsche do it. Mind Audi skipped that on the GT I seem to remember. I ordered one but fell out with them (utterly useful dealer level support) and seem to recall they had gone manual. Cost I would imagine.

Trunk protector is also an excellent idea .... standard or option. It's a swine to hoover out and the carpet and materials whilst very good, are a magnet for fabric lint. I found a car hoover on it's own struggles to do and needs a lint roller. I don't even do that with my suits! :)

Not quite sure what you mean by better carpet for read seats....you mean back of the seats?

Took the liberty of bolding your suggestions so they easy to pic out when scanning the thread. Hope that's ok with you.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am seeing some features disappear without any warning. The traffic light count down feature stopped working. The power usage guage does not work in Assistance mode on driver display.
I would also really like to see soft close doors.
Interesting, I've not seen that here .... Traffic Light Count Down (UK) but had exactly the same thought that it should be an option.

Can you expand a little on the usage gauge not working in Assistance mode please .... apologies not quite understanding that one ... maybe others are.

So it is (was) available on EQS in the US but was removed? Odd.

· Registered
42 Posts
The design and fit of the original carpets for the rear seat. They are to small. They could be 4" longer and then protect more. The front carpets has quite good fit.

A 12V socket in the trunk would also be great.

The "nappa-ish" material on front armrest is strange. I would have preferred leather as the EQE has.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm sure I'm getting lazy here and maybe as a result of the user seat and wheel positioning (in combination with the entry/exit function) working very nicely, but a function to automatically set the rear view mirror position by user profile would be exceptional. It's a logical extension to the seat and wheel.

I don't know if that's a function on any car in fairness but would definitely add to my little world.

EDIT: Agree with Robert, 12V outlet in the boot would be an excellent and somewhat standard option on other cars.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Softclose doors!

I also don't understand why you have to press on button to start the car. It could be combined with the fingerprint reading.

Motorized charge port door and AC ports on both sides like Porsche.

Not original and not sure of the quality but just saw this when trying to find an MB OEM truck liner .... maybe useful ....

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I got a textile one that is quite ok. But original use to have better fit.

You suggestion looks really nice!
100% OEM would be better and I can't imagine so expensive .... as standard or purchase option.

More you think about it, it's poor that it's not available as an option. Indeed I've looked some for EQS accessories and there are seemingly not so many that I can find. Maybe others had more success.

For me, I'm planning on doing a lot of Euro trips and long hauls .... Istanbul, Morocco etc. So keen to kit up well for those areas less well supported infrastructure wise than your home region or middle Europe. Adding a Juice Booster 2 Master kit and have been looking at the Zip Charge Go unit but it's only a small battery.

· Registered
42 Posts
Not original and not sure of the quality but just saw this when trying to find an MB OEM truck liner .... maybe useful ....

I got a textile one that is quite ok. But original use to have better fit.

You suggestion looks really nice!
100% OEM would be better and I can't imagine so expensive .... as standard or purchase option.

More you think about it, it's poor that it's not available as an option. Indeed I've looked some for EQS accessories and there are seemingly not so many that I can find. Maybe others had more success.

For me, I'm planning on doing a lot of Euro trips and long hauls .... Istanbul, Morocco etc. So keen to kit up well for those areas less well supported infrastructure wise than your home region or middle Europe. Adding a Juice Booster 2 Master kit and have been looking at the Zip Charge Go unit but it's only a small battery.
I also miss a original key fob. BMW is much better on the aftermarket goodies.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts