Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - car is going in to the dealership tomorrow wondering if anyone else is having same or similar issues or has any ideas:

Charging: car will not fast charge. In the US (and at least locally for me) the only Level 3 fast chargers are Electrify America. We are supposed to get 30 min of free charging but I can’t get the car to connect at all. Charging starts for 20/30 secs then stops. Tried multiple chargers in different locations. Have a vehicle message saying to take it to shop. I have the charging contract active in the MMe app. Charges ok at home at a little over 9kw, I did have one situation where it errored out and would not charge.
Glove box: will not open at all
Center console storage: one side opens other permanently locked. I thought maybe I’d managed to lock both someone but I can’t find anything in the user manual.
Walk away locking is active but doesn’t work.

· Registered
226 Posts
Hello - car is going in to the dealership tomorrow wondering if anyone else is having same or similar issues or has any ideas:

Charging: car will not fast charge. In the US (and at least locally for me) the only Level 3 fast chargers are Electrify America. We are supposed to get 30 min of free charging but I can’t get the car to connect at all. Charging starts for 20/30 secs then stops. Tried multiple chargers in different locations. Have a vehicle message saying to take it to shop. I have the charging contract active in the MMe app. Charges ok at home at a little over 9kw, I did have one situation where it errored out and would not charge.
Glove box: will not open at all
Center console storage: one side opens other permanently locked. I thought maybe I’d managed to lock both someone but I can’t find anything in the user manual.
Walk away locking is active but doesn’t work.
Useful stuff to be aware of.

· Registered
2 Posts
Charging connection problem may have to be partially resolved with Electrify America. This seems to be a problem with newly introduced cars when they start to use the Electrify America network. Many problems are resolved at the charging site by calling Electrify America and discussing it with a CSR. Ultimately, MB and Electrify America will have to work out the kinks in the system.

· Registered
226 Posts
Charging connection problem may have to be partially resolved with Electrify America. This seems to be a problem with newly introduced cars when they start to use the Electrify America network. Many problems are resolved at the charging site by calling Electrify America and discussing it with a CSR. Ultimately, MB and Electrify America will have to work out the kinks in the system.
Could this be connected to the plug & charge facility? I was hoping for big things from this. But if it's a one time set up / relationship issue then that's not so bad.

· Registered
2 Posts
Could this be connected to the plug & charge facility? I was hoping for big things from this. But if it's a one time set up / relationship issue then that's not so bad.
Many new EV models have had this/similar connectivity problems when first introduced. If you are at the pump :sneaky: charging station and need to charge, call Electrify America and they may be able to get you back on the road. Also moving to a different charger may work. Whatever happens contact MB and file a complaint (let your dealer know as well). It will get fixed. Hopefully sooner rather than later since I intend to get an EQE.

Oh, be sure to read the manual to ensure that your procedure is correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.