Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I recently purchased an EQV, happy with the car so far, prefer not to comment on the service of the dealership.

Does anybody know how to connect an inverter to the 12V Battery of an EQV and what is the best way to do it?

It is impossible to find any information about the car on line.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Just in case somebody would like to have an inerter: EQV has no leisure 12V battery under the passengers seat. There is an empty space for th battery but no battery. The 12V battery is located under the drivers seat. Having one 12V battery and connect it to an inerter should not be a problem (in theory) as this battery is charged by the main car battery. But I did not want to mess about with the system (appears to be sensitive anyway) and I am not sure if the main battery is constantly charging the 12V (it should but it snot worth the risk). Solution: I bought a 130AH 12V battery and placed it under the passengers seat. Then I installed the inverter (Krieger) to this battery and connect the battery to a CTEK 12V charger that can connect to the vehicle. I think this is the safest way to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts