Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have just stumbled on this forum after several weeks of researching an EQC which I finally ordered yesterday. I am based in France and have been driving Mercedes non stop since 2008 when I arrived here. I arrived with a 2007 e class estate which is still going strong and since have been through a GLK (which never made it to the U.K. but was the pre cursor to the GLC) a c class estate and a current e class fully fitted with all the driving assistance burmester head up display etc etc tech found in the EQC. I am therefore fully comfortable with the old comand way of doing things but have to convert to the MBUX infotainment system. On the test drive it seemed very similar and for me as a Mercedes driver very easy to adapt too time will tell. The EQC is not my preferred option and I will be looking to change it as soon as either the EQE saloon comes out or if that load space is not quite right the EQE SUV though SUV are my least preferred body style. But my e class was at the end of its lease and none of the hybrides fitted my needs mainly as Mercedes France have not optioned to have either 4matic or air matic. no 4 wheel drive is a deal breaker for me given the rural location I live in and to have the same car without the benefits of that and air suspension as I have now and one with added bits of ugly plastic (to my eyes at least I am talking about the all terrain) is unattractive. We are really under the cosh here in terms of penalties at the point of registration with one off tax payments for higher CO2 emissions (they can reach 20k for some models)and the price of diesel is rising as a result of deliberate taxation so I decided I would make the jump now to electric. I liked the EQC to drive and was quite impressed but it does lack that little bit of indefinable extra luxury feel that the e has and looking at the new C which has just launched which that also seems to have leapfrogged
over the e now. But that is a bit nit picky on my part compared to the GLK it is an improvement! So I shall start reading through this forum and add if I feel my existing knowledge may help anyone. My deal was excellent inc no deposit and a wall box and the freedom to change after 18mths with no penalty so I am happy. Will talk about our system of chargers later as it seems appropriate.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts