Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

Hello from new EQA owner in the Netherlands

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Pacman-BNE-NL 
#1 ·
Hi - got my new EQA in December. Love it but...

Some interesting blips - navigation resetting to constantly try to bring me home while driving to Paris in the middle of the night (just a bit annoying!!! when you are searching for a 24 hour well lit charge station), likes to go ping, ping, ping several times per day - my office overlooks the car so I hear it (no notification as to why), I receive notification's in Dutch and unfortunately I don't read or speak Dutch, and of course not achieving the battery life suggested and charging more frequently than expected.

Hoping to get hints and tips from the community

BR
Elaine

#2 ·
Hi are you living in the netherlands? I live in France but mercedes me defaults to the language of my orange.fr phone which is set to english so I get all my notifications in english (no problem if they were french as I am bi lingual luckily though) Isyour phone english or dutch? Might be a way around the notifications.
Not had any issues with the navigation but I do not use it a great deal do you have internet in the car? It might have been a signal issue but I would ask the garage check out the navigation in case it is a software or hardware issue. I am a long term mercedes driver and have had no issues since starting with their basic Audio 20 system back in 2012.
Not sure what the ping ping is mercedes me notifications or the car making the noise?
Re battery life the important thing to look at is what your mpg in old terms is ie how efficient your driving is, I can get as low as 21kwh/100km ( I am an EQC owner which is def not particuarly frugal on power being a big fat heavy SUV) but at the moment it is in the upper 20’s 27 or 28 with the lower temps and I am doing lots of short journeys. I do find pre warming the car whilst it is plugged in gives me better efficiency and of course when it is plugged in it uses the mains and no battery power to warm up. How often you need to charge is of course directly related to how efficiently you drive. I recommend the app mercedes me eco coach that has lots of helpful info about max battery life longterm (keeping at 80% bat charge or lower of possibe etc) and help on how efficiently you drive to help coach you to a good driving style. You can earn points for redeemable vouchers too. Range is just the same as all the discussions re mpg and cars not achieving quoted stats, I can beat the WLTP stats in warrmer temps as where I live the roads are quiet not too hilly and max speeds are limited to 90km (56mph). Town drivers just do not have the same conditions so will always use more energy with all the stop start driving though you will not have hills to contend with in the Netherlands you do have lots of crosswinds which millitate against good figs.
I find usuing dauto gets the best results in terms of regen and coasting too.
Hope this helps

#3 ·
Thanks for all that. Lots of me to download.
My phone set to english in settings and the installed MercedesMe App is in English but the notifications come in Dutch which is what is weird. I'll have to refer it to Mercedes.
I'll check out my driving style but the 'ECO display' in the app shows pretty high levels of green but I havent looked at the 'mpg' aspect. I haven't used the auto drive and I'll try the eco coach when I find it. Plus I'll start to look at my kwh/100km.
The ping ping ping is maybe a ding ding ding - like the seatbelt or door open ding and I don't get notifications or any errors. It's intermittent and irregular. A mystery then! I'll have to refer it to Mercedes.
Pre-warming great idea.
Thanks again!

#5 ·
Love the country but not been for awhile. Yes take the car to a dealer and go through navigation and warning tone issues.
I must apologise I misled you my notifications are in French 🤦‍♂️ sorry being bilingual it had just not registered with me but the app is definately in english.
The on board eco display was also used in the petrol & diesel cars and is pretty useless but the eco app is much better.
Come back and let us know how you get on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.