Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry never saw this, scheduled charging works a treat using the pod point, only ever charge off-peak & never missed a beat :)
No worries. I've been battling with BP Pulse who installed the charger on behalf of MB.
Charging schedule never worked as it should. Car would charge for 5 mins and stop for 10 mins and continue until charged. Quite a few on here using BP had the same problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That’s interesting to know about the initial 15 minutes to check state of battery. I think I even had different results depending on whether the vehicle was locked or unlocked. I was going to see if setting the departure time on the Mercedes Me app affected it even though BP say vehicle apps are not compatible. I overall get the impression that BP have jumped on the EV charging bandwagon but with out the infrastructure in place to provide a decent service
Hi.
Not sure if you've seen my recent post.
BP finally replaced the charging unit.
Plugged car In at 18.00 Wed and no power taken until 00.30
Plugged in again today (Sat 18th) at 15.00 and as of 17.30 no power been drawn.
🤞the scheduled charging is sorted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had all these problems with BP. The timer on the app is worthless. They changed the charger twice no improvement.
in the end BP fitted a digital timer to the fuse board. its basically a simple manual timer, it now means the car charges between the 12:30-4:30 cheap tariff window every night without fail.
not smart but it does the job.
bp are meant to be bringing out a WiFi enabled unit by Christmas and they agreed to upgrade my unit once it’s available.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had all these problems with BP. The timer on the app is worthless. They changed the charger twice no improvement.
in the end BP fitted a digital timer to the fuse board. its basically a simple manual timer, it now means the car charges between the 12:30-4:30 cheap tariff window every night without fail.
not smart but it does the job.
bp are meant to be bringing out a WiFi enabled unit by Christmas and they agreed to upgrade my unit once it’s available.
Hi Chris.
I asked about getting a timer fitted and they said it was only done in areas with weak phone signals.
Since my new unit was fitted the charging started OK at 00.30
The 3rd and 4th time I had a few notifications on the ME App say charging had started but it was paused by the time I looked.
More worryingly is that on those occasions, full charging didn't start on time at 00.30 but at 00.37 and 00.48
I will by monitoring the situation and like yourself will push for a timer if necessary.
Thanks for your update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Chris.
I asked about getting a timer fitted and they said it was only done in areas with weak phone signals.
Since my new unit was fitted the charging started OK at 00.30
The 3rd and 4th time I had a few notifications on the ME App say charging had started but it was paused by the time I looked.
More worryingly is that on those occasions, full charging didn't start on time at 00.30 but at 00.37 and 00.48
I will by monitoring the situation and like yourself will push for a timer if necessary.
Thanks for your update.
i think the delay is due to the communication between the charger unit and the online timer I had the same issue with slightly delayed start times. It was also Explained to me by a BP engineer that if the phone signal is lost the unit defaults to charging which is why sometimes the MB ME app randomly seems to start and stop charging when the online timer was programmed not to charge. It’s not a MB ME app issue it’s the charger starting and stopping due to crappy signal.

if you want to turn the heat up on BP if they claimed the grant on your behalf then smart features must work. once I pushed this point the manual timer option and the free upgrade to the next gen device was quickly offered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think the delay is due to the communication between the charger unit and the online timer I had the same issue with slightly delayed start times. It was also Explained to me by a BP engineer that if the phone signal is lost the unit defaults to charging which is why sometimes the MB ME app randomly seems to start and stop charging when the online timer was programmed not to charge. It’s not a MB ME app issue it’s the charger starting and stopping due to crappy signal.

if you want to turn the heat up on BP if they claimed the grant on your behalf then smart features must work. once I pushed this point the manual timer option and the free upgrade to the next gen device was quickly offered.
sorry this took so long. Here is the pic of the timer
Gas Font Machine Control panel Temperature

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.
Not sure if you've seen my recent post.
BP finally replaced the charging unit.
Plugged car In at 18.00 Wed and no power taken until 00.30
Plugged in again today (Sat 18th) at 15.00 and as of 17.30 no power been drawn.
🤞the scheduled charging is sorted.
And surprisingly it is still not working it has done a couple of times but it is not consistent sometimes it does sometimes it does not.
BP were supposed to send a timer which did not arrive and the fitters got in touch to see if it had arrived but ended turning up with a unit to fit but refused it simply because it was so minute that for those with fingers like sausages or difficulty seeing it just was not practical so refused it. In fairness the fitters have been more helpful than BP and offered an alternative which was suitable but that was before I went on holiday .

BP eventually phoned yesterday and told them basically it is still not working and they are going to get back in touch.
Interestingly the electricians said that if the charger loses connection with the mobile network, even for a short period (literally seconds) it erases all the schedules that have been set up although they still are "visible" on the app or website but in actual fact have been deleted and the only way to sort is, is to do a full reset again and reset the schedules BUT you will never know if the device has ever lost connection with the network

The One Show - 29/09/2021
Starts at 3:28

·
Registered
19 Posts
And surprisingly it is still not working it has done a couple of times but it is not consistent sometimes it does sometimes it does not.
BP were supposed to send a timer which did not arrive and the fitters got in touch to see if it had arrived but ended turning up with a unit to fit but refused it simply because it was so minute that for those with fingers like sausages or difficulty seeing it just was not practical so refused it. In fairness the fitters have been more helpful than BP and offered an alternative which was suitable but that was before I went on holiday .

BP eventually phoned yesterday and told them basically it is still not working and they are going to get back in touch.
Interestingly the electricians said that if the charger loses connection with the mobile network, even for a short period (literally seconds) it erases all the schedules that have been set up although they still are "visible" on the app or website but in actual fact have been deleted and the only way to sort is, is to do a full reset again and reset the schedules BUT you will never know if the device has ever lost connection with the network

The One Show - 29/09/2021
Starts at 3:28
Sorry for the disjointed reply. Have been away and it is still not working

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry this took so long. Here is the pic of the timer View attachment 747
I had this offered an refused it on the basis it was so small that you needed a pen to push the buttons if you wanted to immediately charge with out the timer and display was so small it was difficult to read.

The electricians did offer alternatives which was better

Temperature Clock Rectangle Measuring instrument Font

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had this offered an refused it on the basis it was so small that you needed a pen to push the buttons if you wanted to immediately charge with out the timer and display was so small it was difficult to read.

The electricians did offer alternatives which was better

View attachment 753
Where did the Electrician propose to fit this timer?
I may have been fortunate that the last 5 scheduled charges have started on time (with one starting 10 mins late, which wasn't a problem).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where did the Electrician propose to fit this timer?
I may have been fortunate that the last 5 scheduled charges have started on time (with one starting 10 mins late, which wasn't a problem).
The one they proposed fittted inside the distribution box for the charger in a spare slot. The bigger one would fit in between the distribution box and the charger

21 - 34 of 34 Posts