Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my windows in my EQS 450+ keep opening half way (3 times) when I try to close it. Anyone knows hot to reset the windows in an EQS? The instructions in the manual are very confusing. I took the car to the service department at my local MB dealer and they run diagnostic on my car and found no issues with it but they don't know why the window won't stay close when using the automatic close bottom.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Perhaps contact Mercedes USA to ask for a master technician or other way to get resolved. On older Mercedes you could keep fully pulling the up button for 10 seconds to reset (release and fully pull again if necessary) but I don't know if that works on the newer cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Have the same issue with my driver's door window. Sometimes it works, sometimes it rolls down three times to about 50 % automatically when trying to close. Had it at the garage about two weeks ago but they were not able to fix the problem. Will go back on Monday 26 October to have all the exterior door handles changed and they told me they will have a look at the window regulator again once the driver's door is totally dismantled. Will post here again as soon as they have fixed the issue.

Resetting the window regulator as per all the videos on youtube does not seem to fix this problem.

//Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Have the same issue with my driver's door window. Sometimes it works, sometimes it rolls down three times to about 50 % automatically when trying to close. Had it at the garage about two weeks ago but they were not able to fix the problem. Will go back on Monday 26 October to have all the exterior door handles changed and they told me they will have a look at the window regulator again once the driver's door is totally dismantled. Will post here again as soon as they have fixed the issue.

Resetting the window regulator as per all the videos on youtube does not seem to fix this problem.

//Chris
Thanks! I have to take my car for service again soon and they told me that they will work on the door too. I will post update here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Left the car at the dealer's this morning. They will replace the driver's door handle which is failing to pop out sometimes and also investigate the driver's door window once more. The service agent said "There were no error codes for the window last time, but maybe there is this time." - as if cars do not fail without error codes... I hope they manage to fix the window. Will report back here once I get the car back. They gave med an S580 4Matic as a courtesy car today. Just realized how incredibly smooth and soft the ride in the EQS is compared to the normal petrol S-class...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the car back from the dealer's. Have driven it since Tuesday and the window works fine. They changed the door handle that would not pop out from time to time and said a broken gasket for the door handle had affected the window regulator to believe something was stuck. Not sure this is correct, but for now the window works fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received my EQS 350 (stock car) last Friday and I have the same issue. Sometimes it opens two ro three times and sometimes it cloeses correctly when I lock the car. Hopefully there is an easy solution without a hardware repair. This makes me think that the quality checks in the factory are not too good....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received my EQS 350 (stock car) last Friday and I have the same issue. Sometimes it opens two ro three times and sometimes it cloeses correctly when I lock the car. Hopefully there is an easy solution without a hardware repair. This makes me think that the quality checks in the factory are not too good....
Please let us know what happens. Very curious!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the car back from the dealer's. Have driven it since Tuesday and the window works fine. They changed the door handle that would not pop out from time to time and said a broken gasket for the door handle had affected the window regulator to believe something was stuck. Not sure this is correct, but for now the window works fine.
Funny you mention the door handle because my also gets stuck sometimes. The same door that's having the problem closing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then maybe you could tell the dealer changing this door handle might help. My window is still working fine. knocking on wood
After 3 visits to the MB dealer service dept. and after replacing the "robber seal", my window is still faulting. I'm taking the car again today. This time they are going to keep it until they can fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an issue where my driver door window rolled down 50% when entering/leaving the vehicle. There are some options called like '... entry assistance' (don't know the English word) in the MBUX menu. When you activate these options the seat, steering wheel and windows will automatically adapt when entering/leaving the vehicle. Switching the 'window entry assistant' to 'off' fixed the issue for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts