Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you love all the latest designs Mercedes has been coming out with lately and especially the EQ line, this interview with the Chief Design Officer is for you.

Some key points:

• @3:25 what the EQ brand is all about
  • @3:45 he explains (and shows you) the EQ's design philosophy of Sensual Purity
  • @4:50 the design philosophy of Sensual Purity from a designers point of view
  • @6:30 what its like rolling up to MB's design studio every morning :grin:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm most interested in how they'll approach launching AMG versions of these electric cars. Whether they'll be equally as enjoyable as ICE versions is my biggest concern.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually disappointed to see a lack of design cues from the AMG GT-One hypercar. Maybe they're saving it for the AMG version?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was actually disappointed to see a lack of design cues from the AMG GT-One hypercar. Maybe they're saving it for the AMG version?
While that can be an argument for better design, existing Mercedes SUV's sell very well and share similar designs.
In fact they are VERY similar, minus the obvious but subtle green vehicle aesthetics.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a point and I guess that's the power of branding, something Merecedes has that many others don't but their commitment to being an industry leader is an important fact as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm most interested in how they'll approach launching AMG versions of these electric cars. Whether they'll be equally as enjoyable as ICE versions is my biggest concern.
I'm really curious about that as well. I wonder if they'll use the AMG name for performance versions or if they use something different to not upset the purists.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't see why not.

The only think that has changed are the powertrains and related components. Aside from that the AMG name is very relevant.

The only other option I see is "e-AMG" or "AMG-e"

·
Registered
48 Posts
What can you do to change a design in a surfboard? He fits right in with Mercedes. I have been driving quit few Mercedes for 19 years and they still have pretty much the same look. I've also owned a few Cadillac's over the years and they have also become very boring. Just the same I do have a lot of confidence that the EQC will out shine the !-Pace and the E-Tron. What I'm really interested in is what platform Mercedes will come out with for the electric when the new line of EQ's from Tuscaloosa arrive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What can you do to change a design in a surfboard? He fits right in with Mercedes. I have been driving quit few Mercedes for 19 years and they still have pretty much the same look. I've also owned a few Cadillac's over the years and they have also become very boring. Just the same I do have a lot of confidence that the EQC will out shine the !-Pace and the E-Tron. What I'm really interested in is what platform Mercedes will come out with for the electric when the new line of EQ's from Tuscaloosa arrive.
More aggressive and angular design cues would help, like the AMG Hypercar. Even the new A-Class received elements from that design. It was the first actually

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More aggressive and angular design cues would help, like the AMG Hypercar. Even the new A-Class received elements from that design. It was the first actually
MB seems to be doing a mix of it. Products like the EQC and AMG GT have rounder designs and will likely stay that way.

Likewise with the CLS and coupe versions of their SUV's that are sportier than most others.

·
Registered
74 Posts
MB seems to be doing a mix of it. Products like the EQC and AMG GT have rounder designs and will likely stay that way.

Likewise with the CLS and coupe versions of their SUV's that are sportier than most others.
Actually the CLS was also moved to the new look but not in ways that compromised elements of its design that we all liked.

I'm a fan!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts