Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you love all the latest designs Mercedes has been coming out with lately and especially the EQ line, this interview with the Chief Design Officer is for you.

Some key points:

• @3:25 what the EQ brand is all about
  • @3:45 he explains (and shows you) the EQ's design philosophy of Sensual Purity
  • @4:50 the design philosophy of Sensual Purity from a designers point of view
  • @6:30 what its like rolling up to MB's design studio every morning :grin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
What can you do to change a design in a surfboard? He fits right in with Mercedes. I have been driving quit few Mercedes for 19 years and they still have pretty much the same look. I've also owned a few Cadillac's over the years and they have also become very boring. Just the same I do have a lot of confidence that the EQC will out shine the !-Pace and the E-Tron. What I'm really interested in is what platform Mercedes will come out with for the electric when the new line of EQ's from Tuscaloosa arrive.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What can you do to change a design in a surfboard? He fits right in with Mercedes. I have been driving quit few Mercedes for 19 years and they still have pretty much the same look. I've also owned a few Cadillac's over the years and they have also become very boring. Just the same I do have a lot of confidence that the EQC will out shine the !-Pace and the E-Tron. What I'm really interested in is what platform Mercedes will come out with for the electric when the new line of EQ's from Tuscaloosa arrive.
More aggressive and angular design cues would help, like the AMG Hypercar. Even the new A-Class received elements from that design. It was the first actually

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More aggressive and angular design cues would help, like the AMG Hypercar. Even the new A-Class received elements from that design. It was the first actually
MB seems to be doing a mix of it. Products like the EQC and AMG GT have rounder designs and will likely stay that way.

Likewise with the CLS and coupe versions of their SUV's that are sportier than most others.

·
Registered
249 Posts
MB seems to be doing a mix of it. Products like the EQC and AMG GT have rounder designs and will likely stay that way.

Likewise with the CLS and coupe versions of their SUV's that are sportier than most others.
Actually the CLS was also moved to the new look but not in ways that compromised elements of its design that we all liked.

I'm a fan!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.