Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a EQC and my Wife has a EQA. I have already replaced the front tyres of the EQC some months ago, mainly due to excessive wear on the outside edges. I now find that the rear tyres are excessively wearing on the inside edges, to the point that I had to buy two new tyres that I was not planning on doing. The rest of the tread is only half worn at 25k miles. The car is booked in for checking tomorrow at the main dealer. Has anyone else had excessive rear tyre wear ? Please let me/ us know.

· Registered
372 Posts
I had outside edge wear on EQC. I suspect because app reported tyre pressure at least 2psi higher than it actually was. I bought a tyre pressure checker to verify this, and used when tyres were cold. So tyres were underinflated , which caused excess wear on edges. Tyre slippage from cornering and accelerating too quickly didn't help either , in my case. I now err on the side of overinflation always

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the car back today after the Dealer carried out a “four wheel alignment” They tried to charge £89 for this. I argued the point that this was not usual and not due to “Speed Bumps” They waived the fee. Will try and recoup the £500 for the two replacement tyres !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts