Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the error message mentioned above twice now. First time was maybe 2 weeks back. it appeared for approximately 3 seconds at first start up. It was too short a time to get a photo.

Low Battery Error Message

In discussion, it was suggested that this could have been as a result of car standing at dealership and that it should charge and resolve with more usage.

This sounded fine and we did just that. But usage has been high and charging regular. Today that same message appeared.

Of course, I'm keen to understand what this refers to. Unlikely to be the main car battery, it currently reads 67% full. More likely it's the 12V battery or even the key fob maybe? The error provides little more data than this I'm afraid.

And also, keen to know why it's occurring. I'm not aware of any unusual usage.

In short, I guess we need to know what the error means and what is causing it. It has not caused any operational problem at this time, it just reports an error.

· Registered
583 Posts
Have you checked the state of the 12v battery in the mercedes me app? If you look under service it should show the state of the brake fluid, 12v battery and washer fluid. My 12v is always fully charged in comparison the the e class I had which would sometimes drop to partially charged and the car did indeed send me messages during our first long confinement to charge the 12v battery as the very few and very short trips we were allowed had drained it.
An aside it would be helpful if mercedes added the antifreeze level as well given the apparent propensity for the early EQ range (A,B and C) to use it or have pressure issues.
it could be your mercedes me app version is different and was built around the fully electric plateform of the later EQ series but so far it seems mercedes are using the same template for the whole range ie ICE and BEV.

· Registered
69 Posts
It's quite incongruous that a vehicle entirely dependent on batteries has not been designed to give complete, accurate and easy-to interpret information on ALL of the batteries upon which it depends for successful operation. All the data is there. Perhaps in a new OS release someday???

· Registered
2023 EQS 580 SUV
11 Posts
Have you checked the state of the 12v battery in the mercedes me app? If you look under service it should show the state of the brake fluid, 12v battery and washer fluid. My 12v is always fully charged in comparison the the e class I had which would sometimes drop to partially charged and the car did indeed send me messages during our first long confinement to charge the 12v battery as the very few and very short trips we were allowed had drained it.
An aside it would be helpful if mercedes added the antifreeze level as well given the apparent propensity for the early EQ range (A,B and C) to use it or have pressure issues.
it could be your mercedes me app version is different and was built around the fully electric plateform of the later EQ series but so far it seems mercedes are using the same template for the whole range ie ICE and BEV.

I have the 2023 EQS 580 and i was told by the dealer that it have a 48 volt starter battery, that get charge by the main battery. What year are you guys talking about? Are they changing to 48 volt going forward.

· Registered
583 Posts
I have the 2023 EQS 580 and i was told by the dealer that it have a 48 volt starter battery, that get charge by the main battery. What year are you guys talking about? Are they changing to 48 volt going forward.
Sorry I am way behind as I have an EQC which is still 12volt and mine also stays charged by the car. However there is a lot of talk on Huyndai and Kia forums amongst others where the 12v battery does discharge over time and causes a lot of issues as a result. I assume the 48 volt system could do the same thing if the supporting battery does not maintain its charge but I have no detailed knowledge of how the system works.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Struggling to find these settings or data Parkwood. Possible you could guide me there a little please. Spent a little while looking around the app this morning and found a couple of interesting things but I'm not seeing the data you kindly mentioned. Interested

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's quite incongruous that a vehicle entirely dependent on batteries has not been designed to give complete, accurate and easy-to interpret information on ALL of the batteries upon which it depends for successful operation. All the data is there. Perhaps in a new OS release someday???
Saw an interview with the head of the AA in the UK a few days back Scott and if I understood him right, it's extremely rare that they attend an EV that has an issue on the large battery. But extremely common on the smaller battery that (if I got it right) supports the cabin, heating, media etc.

He also said the pattern is largely similar with ICE cars .... not so common to be fuel related but very common to be 12v battery.

Have to say we do use the pre heating a lot and I wander if that might be impacting a bit.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting Tony. I didn't know and can't see any reference to 48v on 2022 models. The error on screen does say 12v. But I'm also reading that Mercedes consider the battery a 'non access' components for owners.

I've logged the 2V error with the CAC guys in Stuttgart. No responses to any logged issues so far. Lets see what comes back.

· Registered
583 Posts
Struggling to find these settings or data Parkwood. Possible you could guide me there a little please. Spent a little while looking around the app this morning and found a couple of interesting things but I'm not seeing the data you kindly mentioned. Interested
Here are the screen shots from my app hopefully they help?
As you can see on my version of the app it comes under the service setting. To get to all these options from the front screen with the pretty snow scene and car picture hit the more icon😉

Attachments

· Registered
583 Posts
Interesting Tony. I didn't know and can't see any reference to 48v on 2022 models. The error on screen does say 12v. But I'm also reading that Mercedes consider the battery a 'non access' components for owners.

I've logged the 2V error with the CAC guys in Stuttgart. No responses to any logged issues so far. Lets see what comes back.
Even the EQC they say go to garage to have it charged. The battery in my car is located where it was in the e class with the same connectors but of course the EQS bonnet is non opening unlike my car where we still fill the washer bottle under the bonnet not via a side trap😉 so old fashioned🤣🤣

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are the screen shots from my app hopefully they help?
As you can see on my version of the app it comes under the service setting. To get to all these options from the front screen with the pretty snow scene and car picture hit the more icon😉
Brilliant, many thanks Parkwood .... can't tell you how long I looked for that. But there it was under the subject heading "the bleeding obvious"! .... thanks for pointing it out and it reads fully charged and A-ok. Good news yet conflicting with what the screen messages are telling me.

Thanks for taking time out of your Christmas to point me in the right direction. Have a great day.

· Registered
2023 EQS 580 SUV
11 Posts

[/QUOT I know there is not much talk about it . I have been looking around for more inf, I think is just to new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts